Thread: Hagerty Classic Cars publication

Hagerty Classic Cars publication

I found the article about "The 911 At 50" on page 32 as informative and very accurate. The author was not too kind to the 356 but the article was, afterall, about the icon we all know and love the 911. He states "Nobody ever seems to be indifferent to the 911" and that quote peaks your interest to read on. If you don't receive the publication you can likely find it at Hagerty.com.
    "The greatest fear in the world is the opinion of others, the moment you are unafraid of the crowd you are no longer a sheep, you become a lion." - @thedailysuccess

'69 911T (in restoration to be Irish Grn)
    Other rides:
    2008 BMW 328i (wife's car)
    2003 Ford Expdtn Ed Bauer (my daily drvr)

Yes, agreed. Good read, and I meant to post a comment here.
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Paid Member # 1991
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Yes, agreed. Good read, and I meant to post a comment here.
    Likewise. Frankly, I was disappointed with the R/T magazine on topic, other than the shout-out to Magnus. I used to eagerly wait for my monthly R/T fix to arrive. Dreaming through the For Sale ads in the back was often as much fun as reading the articles. No more For Sale ads and no more high-gloss paper. Now the mag has a cheap feel to it. Almost like it's printed on newsprint.

- MR
    Last edited by MountainRoads; 06-06-2013 at 06:27 AM.

There is probably a thread elsewhere on it. But there seem to be a growing number of articles that R&T is likely to be shut down in favor of its sister company, Motor Trend.

I've been a R&T reader since the 60s and never liked MT. But, the new R&T format is certainly not for my taste. Then again, the fact that I've been reading it since the 60s shows that I'm exactly not the demographic that R&T was trying to get at.

But since 75% of the new Porsches sold now are SUVs or 4 door sedans, give it a couple generations (or less) and people won't think of Porsche as a sports car either. Seems Porsche is cashing out of their "401K" now.

It's just the decline of civilization as we know it!

(I had to just continue on the theme...)