View Poll Results: Do you have the Kardex for your Porsche?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup. Got it framed, too

29 38.16%
  • Nope --- $%&#@

47 61.84%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Who Has a Kardex for Their Car?

Poll: Who Has a Kardex for Their Car?

There are a lot documents that go towards establishing the history/pedigree/integrity/'correctness'/whatever of our cars . . .

Window stickers, work-orders + receipts for work done, the infamous CoA, etc --- even travel logs + personal photos

But nothing Seals the Deal quite like the elusive Kardex

Once?, readily available
    Now? NOT

So --- here's a poll . . . dumb/simple

Who has it? . . . + who don't?
    Last edited by LongRanger; 06-11-2013 at 01:15 PM.

We Can Be Heroes

Do have.

Glad I got it.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

i have it for my 4-cam, and window sticker for the 912
    Mike

Lucky for me the PO was on the ball and delivered it with the car.

I don't but desperately want to get a copy of my Kardex. Is it still possible? If there are "resources" out there that can provide assistance, please contact me via PM.

UPDATE 2/18/2014: I now have a copy of my Kardex. Persistence, begging, and greenbacks were helpful in making it happen.
    Last edited by VA_alfa; 02-18-2014 at 02:18 AM.
    Alex in Virginia

Looking for:
    ward to driving my car!

Early 911S Registry # 2863

I have them for both my early 911's and my 912. My bigger challenge is the Wagenkarte for my Swiss-delivered car. Having issues there.

Quote Originally Posted by VA_alfa View Post
    I don't but desperately want to get a copy of my Kardex. Is it still possible? If there are "resources" out there that can provide assistance, please contact me via PM.
    I have a source but I'm hesitant to go to him too many times. Plus, it ain't cheap. I'm looking for another early car and when I do I'll probably reach out to him. If you haven't found a source by then, I might be able to add your car to my request.

Look

I've been listening to Kardex lore almost as long as I've been around Porsches --- the actual order card that the Werk used to build the car from . . . and the Ultimate Record. All the numbers, too --- VIN, engine, trans, production aka 'secret' number, all the option codes . . . even the frickin' key numbers, furcryinoutloud! But because of some vague references to privacy laws --- this Doc pretty-much went unavailable . . . for the last coupla decades

Even 20-some years ago, back when I had my old Roadster . . . I'd already been talked into giving up ever getting one. I thought that Porsche's own CoA would do me, but . . . they're just not the same . . . not to mention inaccurate

When I got my 911, I thought that things might've changed --- mostly because of the 'Net. Give it a try? So --- I started digging . . . web-searches, e-mails, asking people . . . pretty-much making a total pest of myself. I'd been hearing 'you can't get there from here' from so many people for so long --- I just quit listening

Not quick
    Not easy
    Weirdly fun

. . . and so totally worth it

What I found out was that, not only was my car originally built for the Werks Versuch (experimental) department . . . but that it had later been sold to a Werks Renn Fahrer

You just never know what'll turn-up . . . 'till you look
    Attached Images Attached Images    

We Can Be Heroes

Is there a "Kardex" for the early 911s? I was told that the 356s and the very early Porsche 911s had an actual card. And, on the later models, the information was available for a cost; but, not on a card. At some time, Porsche discontinued the card and went to a paper list. What is the real story? Is there a "card" available for my '73S?
    Candyce
    '73 911S, #9113301365
    Early S Registry #2027

At least thru '69, there were...
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389