Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchase of 73 S - initial photos

Purchase of 73 S - initial photos

As promised, here are a few photos of the 1973 S I just purchased and brought home on Saturday. Just a 2 owner car (1973 - 1976) and (1976 - 2013) and found only 15 miles or so from my home. Serial # 9113301033. Car has been off the road for many years, kept under several tarps with fans running inside the cabin and trunk - filled with moth balls, rodent poison, and traps. Owner started to disassemble it for a repaint years ago and lost interest for personal reasons. We loaded the engine and boxes of parts on Friday evening and then I returned for the car on Saturday. I will now begin the process of returning her to her former glory. Everything I've seen so far reflects an absolutely solid car with perfect pans inside and out. I am so grateful to the former owner who gave me opportunity to purchase this great car. Thank you to everyone who has already expressed well-wishes for the purchase and answering a few questions I've had. Interestingly, I went on another Porsche barn find preview today - a 1977 911 that has been sitting since 2000 after being parked. A friend and I purchased it with no particular path in mind yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

That looks just great... thanks for posting and keep us updated on your progress! (i.e., more photos, please!)
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Congrats on the find and god speed on the reassembly. Feel free to ping your fellow '73S owners with any questions that pop up.

Kebt
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

That's the first time I've heard of a long-term car stored in a way that kept out moisture and vermin. The PO is one in a million.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Gris View Post
    That's the first time I've heard of a long-term car stored in a way that kept out moisture and vermin. The PO is one in a million.
    I agree. Great find!
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

The paint look very good. Is it?

Great find and story. Please keep updates coming.

Thanks for posting the story of this great find!
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Thank you to all the well-wishers. I will certainly have many questions and I appreciate your willingness to help out. First project was to remove the older Alpine Stereo and wiring. Speakers were missing, but they must have been simply placed behind the front seats on the floor...lots of speaker wire found that ended in that area. Fortunately, neither the original door panels or parcel shelf behind the rear seats were cut for speakers so they are intact. I have a few questions re some wiring I found that has me puzzled...will post that in its own thread. Thank you!

Subscribed. Always like to see another one "saved". Great find!
    Andrew Chisholm
    Early 911S Member #1994
    1973 911E 2.4L Coupe
    1969 912 Coupe, original owner

Just an update re the engine serial number that I missed in my earlier post - it is 6331516. Seems like a perfect match to 9113301033 and consistent with the promise of an original numbers car. I will obtain a CoA and hopefully that document will include the engine number.