Thread: Ever tracked down a swampy smell?

Ever tracked down a swampy smell?

I finally got my 72 back for good after almost 2 yrs of resto. This week it got lowered from stork to normal ride height and got the final post rebuild engine tuneup. It runs great but there is an occasional whiff of swamp in the cabin. It's not constant, seems to happen when I accelerate hard (gotta seat those new rings) and possibly upset a pool of rotten water somewhere??

The car had AC but I think I removed all the lines. There's still a hole to patch from smugglers boot to passenger footwell, but no water or smell there...just mentioning that as it is a passage front front trunk to cabin. I sniffed all I could think of. Rear parcel shelf is dry. Horsehair/rubber pad on back seats passes the smell test too. Front trunk is dry. Wiper tank is dry. No humidity inside the car when left if the sun. In fact n smell at all when parked. I'm at a loss.. What could smell like this and where from. I smell it with one window open but it's definitely coming from the car. Any extra cavity you can think of? Anyone working for TSA with expertise in the matter ? :-)
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

AHhhhh, Sheila..................

Oh you meant on a car.

New carpet and headliner ?
    Sunroof car ?
    How about the engine pad ?
    How about the foam under the parcel shelf ?
    Did yu remove all of the floor tar ?
    What happens when you open up the heat ?
    Deadmaus in the dash ?
    1973 911 RSR clone..... to be

"And pretty soon you're grabbing gears like they are ten thousand dollar bills."

http://www.kahikocustoms.com/auto-projects