Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vredestein / Deep-6 Combo Question

Vredestein / Deep-6 Combo Question

For those running Vredestein Sprint Classic tires (specifically the 185/70-15 size) or any tire really with real Deep-6's are you using tubes or running them without? I had planned to buy a set of Vredesteins and run then without tubes for normal street driving but I'm not sure if this will work. Can I run a Deep-6 without tubes safely? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Stretch

I had the same situation, but with a different brand of tire. I decided to play it safe. The valve stem fitment worried me more than the tube. And I HATE tubes.

Here is some info. Valve stems for deep six wheels

Vredesteins + Deep-Sixes

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch32 View Post
    . . . For those running Vredestein Sprint Classic tires (specifically the 185/70-15 size) . . . Can I run a Deep-6 without tubes safely? . . .
    I run exactly this combo, w/o tubes --- for the last 2-and-a-half years . . .

. . . no problems
    Attached Images Attached Images  

We Can Be Heroes

Sweeeeeet car!!
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

Slim, Slinky

Thank you, John . . .

Not as phat + sexy as modern tires, maybe --- but for street-duty, Vreds work fine, match Porsche's original specified size, are cheap + available . . . and I like the way their profile works w/ the shape of the car . . . slim, slinky
    Attached Images Attached Images  

We Can Be Heroes

My recently purchased '70 911S came with these and I was prepared to be underwhelmed - being an admitted tires snob and all. I was wrong. They look great and I really like the way they feel on the car. And to your question - no tubes and no problems.

Guys,

Thanks for all the input. I went with the Vredesteins without tubes and should have it all sorted and installed by the weekend. Ill post a few pics once the project is complete. Thanks again,

Stretch

I've used them for years on a variety of vintage Porsche's and Mercede's with great results, no tubes and 1000's of miles without any issues. My favorite aesthetically appropriate tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch32 View Post
    . . . went with the Vredesteins without tubes and . . . Ill post a few pics . . .
    Yes-yes --- please do . . .

Pic = 1k, etc

We Can Be Heroes