Thread: Another worthless COA

Another worthless COA

Against my better judgement I ordered a COA from Porsche for my '71 T. As expected, the build date wasn't listed. What I didn't expect was the trans serial to be listed as '117732'. Seems to be missing the leading 7. I surmised that someone messed up when transcribing the number. Called them back and they said they would look into it. They called me back today and told me that on the Kardex they have the trans number is recorded as '117732' so that is that. I even pointed out that it is 1 digit short of what their own literature states is a correct serial number for a 1971 911. So I guess I can now claim that the car is some super rare prototype like this infamous fellow.

http://www.porscheprototype.com

Oh well turns out the car doesn't have the original motor or trans anyway.

-Todd
    1971 911 T Non-Sunroof Coupe
    1984 944 Original Owner
    1989 911 Targa

Todd, I think you are a little harsh.
    Build dates were not recorded for some years, and even the Kardex does not give a true build date, but a shipping date at best. If you have the DOT decal on the door post, then this is as good as it gets.

The transmission serial # from 1969 on for the 911 always began with a 7. For some reason the factory decided not to record this constant digit. I suspect it was a matter of computer storage space since I understand that 1970 was when the records began to be computerized. Remember how expensive a Meg of ram was back then?? If they could save a nonessential character, then they did so. Anyway, PCNA should automatically add that 7 back in when they print these COA's. You are lucky to get a transmission #, for many cars it is not recorded.

Dave
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Dave,
    Thanks for the information. The message wasn't meant to be serious. I guess it didn't come across that way.
    -Todd
    1971 911 T Non-Sunroof Coupe
    1984 944 Original Owner
    1989 911 Targa

The CoA that came with my 72 T shows that it has package E03, which is a/c. Of course, there is absolutely no sign the the car ever had that!
    Serge

City of Ben Franklin and Cheesesteaks
    Instagram: Truevisionmediaworks

Early S Registry #2457
    Daisy: 1972 T with 2.7 engine and Webers
    LOOKING FOR 911 Engine # 6123044

Rowlf: 2017 Volvo S60 with Polestar Optimization

Mostro di Biscotti: 1975 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S Series 2

Veronica: 1987 Carrera coupe - curves in all the right places...SOLD
    Lil' Blue: 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon SOLD

Most info I have on group option E03 is a guess. AC is a single option. An option group is a bundle of options. In 1972 E03 cost $912, so it was a very significant bundle. Has anyone noticed that the Group Option #'s tend to be year specific?
    1970 Dxx
    1971 Axx
    1972 Exx
    1973 Gxx
    1974 Kxx and so on
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers