Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB: 930 turbo black tan int...

WTB: 930 turbo black tan int...

Looking for black 930 1989 with tan interior all original low miles great condition preferred will consider 86 87 88 please email. Gwilliams1961@yahoo.com no slant nose please
    Last edited by gwilliams; 07-03-2013 at 04:18 PM.

Will go top dollar for the right car. Thanks gary

-Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

I've had a lot of people 'pop out of the woodwork' asking if my 930S is for sale. It must be the approaching 25'th anniversary of end of production (2014), but I think the 75-89 Turbos, each iteration for different reasons, are the next HOT buy. Good luck with your search.
    2 questions: WHY did you delete the first thread? What is 'top dollar?'

S
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    It's a much cooler car. Not even close to being a better car. The '89 930's are incredible. Nobody has ever created something that is so damn driveable while wanting to kill you at the exact same time. One of the best Porsche's ever*.

*Disclaimer: I'm biased.
    Last edited by LiveFromNY; 06-30-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gwilliams View Post
    Will go top dollar for the right car. Thanks gary
    Here's my advice: When you find the right car, buy it quickly. Last year, I was also searching for a specific '89 930. Low miles, 100% original, and any color except black, red or white. The first car that met my standards was over-priced by at least $5k. I called and made an offer. The next morning I called back and found the car had been sold at asking price that morning.

A month later I found another car. This one was $10k over-priced. I was sure. I called and made an offer. An hour later I decided to be more aggressive and called back. The car had sold at asking.

2 months down the road and it's 9pm on a Sunday night. An ebay auction goes live from a west coast dealer for a 33k-mile car in Baltic Blue over Champagne. This car is just stupid over-priced. I know it. But I am tired of losing cars. The ebay ad includes a phone number that looks to be the salesman's direct number. I call and get voicemail. I google the number and see it's a mobile. So I send a text offering to buy the car at full price subject to a PPI. The salesman responds in the affirmative and I immediately get buyer's remorse. I barely sleep. I know I overpaid for this car. The next day it goes in for a PPI. When it's with the mechanic it's seen by another customer who asks for my phone number, calls me, and asks if the car is for sale. I say no. He immediately offers me $5k more than I'm paying for the car. My buyer's remorse evaporates.

A good '89 930 is special thing. Don't hesitate when you find yours.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    It's a much cooler car. Not even close to being a better car. The '89 930's are incredible. Nobody has ever created something that is so damn driveable while wanting to kill you at the exact same time. One of the best Porsche's ever*.

*Disclaimer: I'm biased.
    I've spent enough time with both cars to know which I would generally prefer. I am a HUGE proponent of the 75/76 3.0L cars not just for the light clutch and 4-speed gearbox, but I think they are the absolute best-styled of all the 930s because of the early tail. I don't consider the 77s to be as cool, either, because of the power brakes. Talk about wanting to kill you ... trying to haul a Turbo down from speed in a hurry with cute, little S brakes is an exercise in futility.

But I completely understand where you're coming from with your love of the '89 cars ... they are a very special breed. Perhaps you're right in that I chose the wrong adjective - "cooler" would have been a more apt choice than "better".
    -Marco

Hi jacked again!

Poor Gary, we keep hi-jacking his 'WTB' threads....Guess it speaks to how passionate we are about our Turbos....
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

Quote Originally Posted by 69Sman View Post
    Poor Gary, we keep hi-jacking his 'WTB' threads....Guess it speaks to how passionate we are about our Turbos....
    Or how much we don't want Gary to make the same mistake we did...again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Marco

Well, he never DID reply to my first question: DEFINE TOP DOLLAR. Usually, VERY different for a SELLER and BUYER. VERY different....
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333