Thread: What is the correct color 73.5 2.4 engine

What is the correct color 73.5 2.4 engine

My engine is getting a full overhaul done on it. I'm looking for a few correct ( factory) colors or disarible colors on
    Engine shroud
    Valve cover
    Engine tin
    Engine cover
    Engine compartment

Engine shroud came in either Yellow or Black. http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...-73-5-cis.html
    The engine compartment is body color.
    E Sully
    1973.5 911T

Quote Originally Posted by ESully View Post
    Engine shroud came in either Yellow or Black. http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...-73-5-cis.html
    The engine compartment is body color.
    Don't put much stock in that thread! The factory painted yellow fan shrouds black for CIS cars. One poster claimed that a PO painted his fan shroud. That was an assumption on his part and is probably wrong.
    CIS 73.5 Ts had black fan shrouds. I suppose there could be a couple exceptions, though.

Regards

Jim

I seen a few concourse restoration on some 73.5 & some had the yellow some had the black ! I just wasn't sure if the yellow was a factory option or just some one thought that it looks cool ! Thanks guys great info ! Learn something new everyday on this forum !

Quote Originally Posted by LV911 View Post
    I seen a few concourse restoration on some 73.5 & some had the yellow some had the black ! I just wasn't sure if the yellow was a factory option or just some one thought that it looks cool ! Thanks guys great info ! Learn something new everyday on this forum !
    All 2.4 72 and early 73 Ts had yellow fan shrouds that were changed to black with the 73.5 CIS Ts. If you look at non-concours cars you will probably see yellow showing through cracks and gouges in black fan housings on 73.5 Ts.

Regards

Jim

For your reading enjoyment LV911
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-Shroud-Colors
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-Engine-Shroud
    Quote from post #11 "Early CIS cars had yellow shrouds that the factory painted black."
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

On my 73.5 T, it was painted black from the factory and stripped to yellow gelcoat during the engine rebuild process.
    -Chris Mohr

S Registry #1978

Agree with posters above, on my all original, motor never out 73.5 it had a yellow shroud painted (quite poorly painted) black so lots of yellow poking out on the corners, etc.

Factory correct isn't always beautiful...

1973.5 'T' Reference Car

Here's a thread . . .

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...grats-to-Kent-!!!!!!!!!

Not a lot of pictures --- so, you might try pinging some of the members that contributed

Apparently, last sold in Germany

VIN = 9113102403
    Attached Images Attached Images  

We Can Be Heroes