Thread: Unsolicited testimonial for gauge restoration

Unsolicited testimonial for gauge restoration

I'm a big believer that when a vendor exceeds your expectations in this hobby you should spread the word.

I'd been putting off the restoration of several sets of gauges for some time now. In the past I've used both North Hollywood and Palo Alto and, in general, I've always been pleased with their work (if somewhat less than pleased with their prices and service time). This time I decided to look around for alternatives. I stumbled across Seattle Speedometer and sent them a set of gauges for restoration. Bottom line? Quality work, fast turnaround, and excellent prices. So far I've sent them three sets of gauges and they haven't failed to impress me. In my opinion their work is easily the equal of NH and PA with much better prices and superior service. The owner, Buz, is great to deal with. They'll be getting all my work from here on.

Quick photo of a set they restored for me below.

Name:  74 gauges1.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  207.6 KB
    Last edited by LiveFromNY; 07-10-2013 at 08:30 AM.

umm....where are your silver dots?
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

Quote Originally Posted by sonett43 View Post
    umm....where are your silver dots?
    This set is out of a '74 911S. No silver dottage...

that's a relief
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

Thanks for posting, I just missed you as I sent out some gauges to NH. I will give these guys a try next go-around on your recommendation.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Thanks for this info, i am ready to do a set, so i will give them a try.
    San

53 Pre A, 65 356
    70 914/6 GT
    65 912, 67 911
    71 911 Targa,72 E Tara, 73 911 Targa
    70 911 S,71 911 S,70 911 T,
    71 911 T, 72 911 E ,73 911 T
    74 911 Coupe
    74 911 Targa
    1972 RennSport Bus

Early Reg # 771

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    I'm a big believer that when a vendor exceeds your expectations in this hobby you should spread the word.

I'd been putting off the restoration of several sets of gauges for some time now. In the past I've used both North Hollywood and Palo Alto and, in general, I've always been pleased with their work (if somewhat less than pleased with their prices and service time). This time I decided to look around for alternatives. I stumbled across Seattle Speedometer and sent them a set of gauges for restoration. Bottom line? Quality work, fast turnaround, and excellent prices. So far I've sent them three sets of gauges and they haven't failed to impress me. In my opinion their work is easily the equal of NH and PA with much better prices and superior service. The owner, Buz, is great to deal with. They'll be getting all my work from here on.

Quick photo of a set they restored for me below.

Name:  74 gauges1.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  207.6 KB
    Do you know whether these guy have new (chrome, pre 68) rings available? (to my understanding has PA these rings custom made and supplies NH w/ them but doesn't sell them to other parties?).
    Do they zinc / plate the housings?
    How much to do one gauge?

Thanks

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by preS View Post
    Do you know whether these guy have new (chrome, pre 68) rings available? (to my understanding has PA these rings custom made and supplies NH w/ them but doesn't sell them to other parties?).
    Do they zinc / plate the housings?
    How much to do one gauge?

Thanks

Richard
    Probably best to give Buz a call on that stuff - 206.369.5063.

My costs have varied because everything I sent has needed different things. And I haven't specifically asked about zinc plating the housings or about pre-68 rings as it hasn't come up for me. But Buz has been helpful and knowledgeable with everything I have asked (he's also an enthusiast - he owns a '69 912, I believe).

Yes, we can handle all of your needs/problems. Feel free to call me or email me from our web site seattlespeedometer.com and I will help you any way I can. Thanks for the positive feedback John!