Thread: unknown SWF washer fluid container

unknown SWF washer fluid container

hello

two years ago i bought a SWF washer fluid container that appeared to be the correct one for 66-67 swb.
    but when i tryed to mount it in the car ( 67S ) i figured out that the tank is like 5cm to short and does not even touch the bracket that should hold it.
    first i thought something is wrong with the car so i hab a look at two other swb----but the tank is definetly shorter .
    the guy i bought it from is pretty sure that it is from an early 911 since he only has 911 parts for sale.
    note that even the two screw holes have the correct distance.

my first idea was that it maybe is a 356 part so i asked some 356 dudes....nope was the answer.
    then i had some Google sessions to find other manufacturers of that time useing SWF tanks...found some but none was useing what i have .

anyone has an idea what car it came of ??
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Well.. It looks old, but I believe this is the crap one sold by Porsche Classic. Warning to all: This is the one everyone seems to sell, and it is totally wrong! I also bought mine a couple years ago. I will keep you in mind and let you know if I find more than the one I need for my car :-)

Name:  SWB spylertank 1.JPG
Views: 219
Size:  86.4 KB

Name:  SWB spylertank 2.JPG
Views: 223
Size:  91.5 KB
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

thanks rådmund for that info

it is interresting that the containers even carry the old style SWF logo.and even the filler cap and the filter are the older versions.

f.
    jep i could need some of the correct containers

Possibly another car manufacture, MB, BMW?

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Possibly another car manufacture, MB, BMW?
    Maybe, but I still believe it is the wrong one from Porsche. I guess more opinions would be appreciated.

I will check with my local contact again for how long this washer bottle ^^^^^^^^ has been available. Last time I asked them to tell Germany to at least inform their customers it is not correct for a restoration even if you can make it fit. Never heard back. This pisses me off a bit. They should listen more carefully to their customers, not only concentrate on making money.

Franz: If your washer bottle is correct for a Porsche, it would have to be a very late 67MY. I have never seen these in original cars and do not believe they changed the design before 68MY.

R
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery