Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Austin area....3 Porsches in tow

Moving to Austin area....3 Porsches in tow

2010 GT3RS
    1967 911S
    1989 Speedster...

Will be interested in making Porsche connections. Is there a website where events are listed etc?

Louie

Great to meet you John.

If all goes as planned we will have a house secured in the next month or 3. In time for the F1 race. Looking at one now with a 4 car garage!

Austin seems like the perfect blend of rural and city life..all within 30 mins of each other.

Welcome. Although, if I'm honest, we're all just a little bit tired of people moving here!

Austin is really coming into it's own as a car town. Feel free to bring that 911S by my shop some Saturday to show it off.

PM your shops name...or post here. I shall visit soon.

You have a great guy Ed Mayo, in Dallas too.
    San

53 Pre A, 65 356
    70 914/6 GT
    65 912, 67 911
    71 911 Targa,72 E Tara, 73 911 Targa
    70 911 S,71 911 S,70 911 T,
    71 911 T, 72 911 E ,73 911 T
    74 911 Coupe
    74 911 Targa
    1972 RennSport Bus

Early Reg # 771

I'll send you a PM. Private shop. Not commercial. Just a place for car guys to hang out on the weekend. If you ever need access to a lift, paint booth, or just about anything else, I can probably help.

fantastic...I am thrilled there are fellow Porsche nuts in Austin. I was worried that there wouldn't be much of a car-pulse outside of pick-ups.

flying in Saturday to take a hard look at a house in Georgetown....

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    I am thrilled there are fellow Porsche nuts in Austin.
    You'll find no shortage of nuts in Austin - of all stripes. That's part of its charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    I was worried that there wouldn't be much of a car-pulse outside of pick-ups.
    Oh, and you'll have to buy at least one pick-up. I think it's a law. I have three.

Welcome Louie,
    Austin has a strong base of early car guys, a world class track which will host great events + track days for that GT3. We also hold a spring event, Hill Country Rally, so watch for the 'save the date' thread here later this year. While DFW is a bit of a run, we do have a monthly get together at Mayo Performance, third weekend. The first Saturday is Cars & Coffee in Plano, a North Dallas suburb, normal car count is 650+. I think Austin also has a Cars & Coffee. Jamie Novak, a member here leads regular Hill Country drives and scouting runs for new routes. There are also some good shops, Moorespeed is one you need to stop by, some of the cars there are not what you would expect in Austin.
    And a parting thought... keep Austin weird!
    65 356SC Dolphin Gray
    66 912 Green
    69 911E Tangerine
    72 911T GP White
    72 911T Aubergine
    72 911T Lilac
    72 911S Black (voodoo)
    86 911 GP White Targa (now sons)
    90 964C4 Black Targa
    94 964C2 Black Coupe
    08 GT3 Speed Yellow