Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 73 S - build month help please

73 S - build month help please

My door jam sticker that would have indicated the building month/year is missing from a prior re-paint, and unfortunately the Certificate of Authenticity I received reports this information as 'unavailable' (I find this most annoying given what they charge for the CoA's). If anyone has a 73 car circa my VIN (last four digits are 1033) and knows their build month I would appreciate hearing back. Also, if there is another source at Porsche other than the CoA process to determine the build month that would be great to know. Thank you.

Of you haven't already, become a paid member of the Registry. With your membership you'll receive a list of members which includes VINs. With this list you can contact folks with builds close to yours.

Just plugging the Reg.
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Thank you for your note...honestly had no idea about the 'paid member' aspect...somehow missed that when I simply registered...will do right away!

Quote Originally Posted by kentf14 View Post
    Of you haven't already, become a paid member of the Registry. With your membership you'll receive a list of members which includes VINs. With this list you can contact folks with builds close to yours.

Just plugging the Reg.

Also, don't forget that you'll receive the Esses magazine. Another great reason to join.
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

I would need the whole VIN to be able to help. Each model line has an independent time line, so the last 4 digits are of little use without the rest of the VIN.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Hi all, not wishing to hijack someone else's thread, but I also have the same problem! My vin is 3300884 if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

I will need that also ! There is any way to pay the membership online somehow without sending a check ?

I was able to pay via PayPal...membership seemed to have processed successfully and was told I'd receive an email confirmation - nothing yet. DaveP was able to help me with my build month - what he came up with makes perfect sense given what history I do have on the car, i.e. when it was first delivered in the U.S. and date-stamping on the window regulators.

Quote Originally Posted by LV911 View Post
    I will need that also ! There is any way to pay the membership online somehow without sending a check ?

Lightbulb

Of course guys......please join, and thanks for your support........

http://www.early911sregistry.org/mag...embership.html
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

+1 for Mr. Miller....Please join and you will find resources beyond your imagination...<grin>

owner of 9113300429...build date of _______. It is all in Mr. Miller's little black registry book......<grin>

DM