Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTB: 72 forward oil cooler lines

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar

WTB: 72 forward oil cooler lines

shot in the dark here. wanting to see if anyone has this stuff before I put something custom together. not really interested in the elephant racing equipment. A bit over engineered for my purposes. hoping for OE used.

thanks!
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

How about new from Porsche?
    72S, 72T now ST

Quote Originally Posted by Longballa View Post
    How about new from Porsche?
    well, I cannot say I even thought that would be an option....? I guess I can call tomorrow. I'm not sure I could afford new OE though.
    -Kris Clewell

dealer = no
    -Kris Clewell

These were available new from Porsche for the last few years ... did you ask for "front cooler lines" or did you give them part numbers? Many times the counter people need part numbers if the parts are more than 1 or 2 years old.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

This stuff ( '72 in particular ) has been difficult to source for some time when it does get offered up it's often snatched up
    pretty readily , if the factory is reproducing these items ala the classiche ? Dept would be welcome news.
    I sourced a complete set when a racer was upgrading his tank to a larger Carrera and reconfiguring his set up, all I can recommend is retro fitting later '73 or Carrera components unless the real McCoy becomes attainable..Bert

Quote Originally Posted by budge96 View Post
    This stuff ( '72 in particular ) has been difficult to source for some time when it does get offered up it's often snatched up
    pretty readily , if the factory is reproducing these items ala the classiche ? Dept would be welcome news.
    I sourced a complete set when a racer was upgrading his tank to a larger Carrera and reconfiguring his set up, all I can recommend is retro fitting later '73 or Carrera components unless the real McCoy becomes attainable..Bert
    Yeah, starting to realize that. I knew it would be a tough bet but I thought it was worth a shot. The parts guy I called is pretty old. He took a look and said the only thing really still available was a regulator I believe.

Looks like I'll be making something. Might not be this year though.
    Last edited by Kris Clewell; 07-27-2013 at 07:54 PM.
    -Kris Clewell

on a 72 your car already has the regulator housing... you can machine the 72 oil filter console to take a thermostat (same as an engine thermostat), then remove the plug on the other side and hook up lines, assuming you can find them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

sounds like that has to be the deal. will just have to go off to aeroquip. I think that I'll do this over winter...could maybe get the car running this year and in fall I wont need it.
    -Kris Clewell

72 hard oil lines and oil tank were available new as recently as December of last year. Your best bet is to get the part numbers for your dealer to look up.