Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK if you seee a 28K Mile Orange 914-6 pop up someone stole it at $34K from Orig fam

OK if you seee a 28K Mile Orange 914-6 pop up bought for (stolen) $34K from Orig fam

OK if you seee a 28K Mile Orange 914-6 pop up someone stole it at $34K from Orig fam

Heads up it sold new at Stuttgart showroom Euro spec w/records

It was on the PCA Website for a day two bad I was the second caller

Hope it didn't end up being a flipper Someone in LA picked it up
    Last edited by gmund1948; 07-28-2013 at 09:06 PM.
    Randy K. Germany /Oregon Way too many put away way too many gone !

VIN please?
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Banned
    Randy, it sounds like sour grapes here. Another buyer simply beat you to the punch. Where do some of you guys get off thinking YOU are somehow more "deserving" than another? I hope a flipper DID BUY IT. That way you'll have another crack at it.

And BTW: Unless he put a gun to the head of the seller, he didn't "steal" it.
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 07-28-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Vin 0333 from my notes purchaser had a T with supposedly the same last numbers 1333 or something

I get off just fine thank you! and you never know I might be more deserving than the other buyer, maybe not are you the judge?

I Posted it as an FYI, I have found and some of my German friends that monitor boards there that by posting this info
    consumers world wide have an idea if this car shows up again at a much higher price they know a flipper bought it

Flippers do make money most of the time. Now we can agree to disagree.

A lot of independent mechanics market themselves as "well trained" and I will almost excusively use independents
    However an Independent mechanic has no licensing required and often uses knowledge gained through hobbiests and
    from software programs that help them trouble shoot.

Anyone can hang their sign up and try and use the Porsche Logo ( until they get the letter from Porsche legal) and say they
    are a Porsche Mechanic, the guys in Germany find this comical due to our lack of apprenticeship programs.

The purpose of the post was providing information, I really do not need any more cars. And by the way would you like to hear about the independent that filed a mechanics lean on my 71 914/6 silver w LSD that was paid in advance to restore it and after a few years while I was working overseas filed a mechanics lean and had a friend buy it for $1500, Retitle and sell a low mileage 914/6 overseas

Guy has no money so my lawyer said you can't get blood from a turnip so why throw good after bad

Head of the worldwide 914/6 club thinks he has located it and we will use international law to settle the claim

If I got a call from an Independent saying his customer has this car, I might pay a little more but many independents make a commission or gain a customer from this flipping practice so they usually scream like stuck pigs that flipping is fine, and sometimes you lose money !! Many are Hypocrites

“There has never been a truly selfless rebel, just hypocrites—conscious hypocrites or unconscious hypocrites, it’s all the same.”
    ― Frank Herbert, God Emperor of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Randy, it sounds like sour grapes here. Another buyer simply beat you to the punch. Where do some of you guys get off thinking YOU are somehow more "deserving" than another? I hope a flipper DID BUY IT. That way you'll have another crack at it.

And BTW: Unless he put a gun to the head of the sellers, he didn't "steal" it.
    Last edited by gmund1948; 07-28-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Banned
    Curious: What if it was a dealer that bought it to resell at a much higher price? Would you still be upset? Bottom line: Whoever bought it obviously deserved it since he now OWNS it.

Not sure I'm understanding the "independent mechanic" remarks and relevance but hope you get your car back.

I did this as a service I do not post to piss people off Dealers ( Stealers some) have the right to make a profit and I am sorry if this did so, I have seen guys on both coasts buy something here do almost nothing to it and try and sell it on other boards a week later at twice the money. That is the debate.

I am a hobbyist but when I went to see a car a dealer put steel wool and overcoat the top and bottom of rust holes with the thickest undercoat I have ever seen he then added 10K to what he paid for it. not always the case but this is a place where people look out for each other

Independent Mechanics are unregulated, they service and facilitate a large amount of deals often getting a percentage, sometimes doing the deal themselves, at the least they get a new customer they are not regulated and need no license

I have refused to sell a car to someone, yes I am the owner, if I don't like the deal I don't have to sell it

Peace and lets preserve some Porsches

"A product that is coherent in form requires no embellishment".

Ferdinand Alexander Porsche.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Curious: What if it was a dealer that bought it to resell at a much higher price? Would you still be upset? Bottom line: Whoever bought it obviously deserved it since he now OWNS it.

Not sure I'm understanding the "independent mechanic" remarks and relevance but hope you get your car back.
    Last edited by gmund1948; 07-28-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Amazing how someone gets a good deal on a car and it is assumed/feared he/she is a flipper. Apparently I need to start flipping cars, that must be why I never have any great finds.

As far as independent mechanics not be regulated, I know in Virginia you can only sell ( 5 I think ) cars a year without a sellers licence, and in my experience having that " regulated licence ) doesn't meant jack squat. Perhaps you aren't aware of it, but used car salesmen don't exactly have a stellar reputation in most of the world.

Now back to the point of this post. Are you trying to locate this car to buy it from the new owner ? Or as Frank said, just sounding off because your sour that it sold so cheap ? If that is the case, then you expect your fellow hobbyist/enthusiast to never get a good deal ? You expect them to only pay top dollar ? Some friend........

" carpe deim " - Horace

" shit or get off the pot " - some guy a long time ago
    1973 911 RSR clone..... to be

"And pretty soon you're grabbing gears like they are ten thousand dollar bills."

http://www.kahikocustoms.com/auto-projects

I'm not sure I even know what the issue is

Neither do I after all this