I thought I should introduce myself. My name is John and I live in central TX. I recently acquired a 71 911T that is original with original unmolested rust! I crack myself up...

It's nickname will be "Blu". Yes, I know not original, but there will be no confusion with my other cars and it can be endearing if said sincerely.

At any rate, I have lurked here for a while and spend a lot of time on the Pelican boards. I have a few other 911's and a sunroof delete 78 930 as well as an early 64 vette and a high school wish mustang that I enjoy. I prefer to do 90% of my work or learn to do it. I think, in my opinion, it's part of the tax of being a car hobbyist. No offense to those who farm out work. I wish I could farm out more myself.

I plan on hot rodding this car and have two donors. It's gonna be a long term project that may end up on a rotisserie. I am looking forward to learning a lot from everyone on these boards.

Thank you in advance for all the help!

Here is the 71 followed by the donors.

donor #1 for some sheet metal.

donor #2 for motor, brakes, suspension, to be parted out to fund the restoration/hot rod project of "Blu"