Thread: Need help correcting a 1971 911T Targa!

Banned

Need help correcting a 1971 911T Targa!

I am replacing a few parts on my 1971 911T and need some assistance.

Will the Durant exterior mirror work on both the drivers and passenger door or do I need a specific mirror for each door?

What color were the bars on the hood crest? Orange or red. Would a new genuine Porsche crest be a good one to install on the car? My current crest has a large ding.

Which radio came with the 440 option code ANtenna Left with Loudspeaker and noise suppression?

Was the 470 Comfort Equipment Option the same in 1971 and 1972?

Where is the best place to order the correct carpet?

Where is the best place to order the correct 21 Brown Leatherette seat covers?

Trying to make this car as "correct" as possible.

Thanks for all the help!

Robert Liberty
    502-533-4996
    rliberty@primeres.com

Will the Durant exterior mirror work on both the drivers and passenger door or do I need a specific mirror for each door?
    It is the same for either side. A right-hand side mirror would not be correct for a ´71-model. It is also absolutely useless, since it is too small for you to see anything in while driving. Also, it will need to be installed a bit offset from the one in the drivers side, which many (myself included) find looks a bit odd.

What color were the bars on the hood crest? Orange or red. Would a new genuine Porsche crest be a good one to install on the car? My current crest has a large ding.
    Orange. Nice repro badges are available. Porsche started making the original ones again, too. But they are a bit more expensive.

Which radio came with the 440 option code ANtenna Left with Loudspeaker and noise suppression?
    M 440 : Retractable antenna left, loudspeaker and noise suppression
    Option 440 does not designate which type of radio was fitted. If no code for radio is found on your Kardex/CoA, the radio could have been installed by the dealer. The Blaupunkt Frankfurt from 1970 or 1971 could be a correct option.

Was the 470 Comfort Equipment Option the same in 1971 and 1972?
    Yes, from 1971-73 it is the same. It consists of:
    M 470, 1971-1973: Comfort group for T-model:
    Velouren carpeting
    Gold ”Porsche” nameplate and model number
    Aluminium door sills
    911S rubber mouldings on bumpers and below doors
    Chrome rocker panels
    911S instruments
    Rubber bumperettes
    Leather covered steering wheel

Where is the best place to order the correct carpet?
    In the US, I have heard good things about these companies:
    http://www.autobahninteriors.com/#!
    http://appbiz.com/rsrsamericastylecoupecarpetsets.aspx
    In Europe, these guys got the good stuff:
    www.sitzklinik.de
    www.mittelmotor.de
    www.feboe.de
    I´m sure there are more dealers in this business.

Where is the best place to order the correct 21 Brown Leatherette seat covers?
    Most of the dealers mentioned above should be able to help you with this.

Good luck, and please post some pictures of your car as you go along.
    Last edited by ThomasTe; 08-01-2013 at 12:00 AM.
    Thomas
    1973 911S Targa