Thread: FS: Rechromed LWB chrome grills

FS: Rechromed LWB chrome grills

Bought a package of grills which had one set of short wheel base grills and one set of long wheel based grills. Also got one black plastic long wheel based grill for the right side. Both SWB and LWB had pitting and needed to be re-chromed. Took them to a place in New Bedford and had them re-chromed. Place was known for classic car re-chroming of '20' and '30's classic parts. Even dropped them off and got a full tour of their operation. Was expecting magic. Grills came in mail and looked like crap. They failed to address the underside of each blade so the pits were still there and could be seen reflected in each lower blade.

I yelled like hell and the owner took them back and acknowledge his employee's error in execution. Did them again and they came out fine. I would say they are a nine out of ten, but the buyer will have to be the judge. I am attaching pictures. As I sit and write this the grills look great. However, when I try to take pictures, it looks like there are flaws in the chrome. This in not the case. I also believe these are dimensionaly correct unlike repops. I am asking $350.00. Due to my lousy photographic skills, I would ask for a deposit of half (175.00) plus $15.95 for shipping in continental US. I will send grills. If they are not as I have described them I will return deposit plus shipping. If you are satisfied, send me the other half of the payment. Please don't try to haggle about balance. If you are accepting grills you agree with me as to the quality. If not, they are not what you want and therefore are not acceptable at any price. I have no problem with PayPal and I'll eat the fee.

I was extremely satisfied on the redo of my short wheel base grillsDSC00087.jpgDSC00088.jpgDSC00089.jpgDSC00090.jpgDSC00091.jpg and have installed them on my 912.

Tom Doig
    Last edited by doigthom; 08-03-2013 at 05:29 PM. Reason: spelling, dimension

Some additional pictures:[ ATTACH=CONFIG]259623[/ATTACH]DSC00093.jpgDSC00094.jpgDSC00095.jpgDSC00096.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images