Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Dansk Sport Muffler

WTB: Dansk Sport Muffler

Anyone have a RSR style Dansk Pea Shooter Sport Muffler they want to get rid of?

Quote Originally Posted by gsjohnson View Post
    Anyone have a RSR style Dansk Pea Shooter Sport Muffler they want to get rid of?
    M&K too loud? I've heard that if it's too loud you're too old, Steve.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

I haven't even fired the motor yet. I have to trim the rear bumper/valance for the exit pipes for the M&K and even though it is glass, I'm not sure whether I want to do that...I'd rather run the M&K, but the Dansk would be an easier solution. Your thoughts?

I have a 2.8 RSR tribute and I really like the Dansk muffler. But the noise is a problem, so I decided to buy the special Dansk's adaptation built by BSMotorsport! There is a valve you can close and the DB drop 20 units, from 115 to 95! It's working perfectly. But it's expensive...

Have a look on this thread: http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...or-Porsche-RSR

ExhaustBSMotorsport1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gsjohnson View Post
    I haven't even fired the motor yet. I have to trim the rear bumper/valance for the exit pipes for the M&K and even though it is glass, I'm not sure whether I want to do that...I'd rather run the M&K, but the Dansk would be an easier solution. Your thoughts?
    Easier isn't always better. Trim the bumper if you really want the M&K.

That said, I'm not an M&K fan. The Dansk is something like $600 brand new; I'd sell the M&K and use the money to offset the cost of the Dansk.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Is this what you are looking for....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes that's the one. I bought a new one off of Ebay for $500. I ran out of patience waiting as I wanted to fire this thing like yesterday. And yes Marco, I sold the M&K over on the Bird for $475. Turns out I had to trim the rear bumper anyway...but that's ok cuz the pea shooter is more period correct anyway. Its just those exit pipes on the Dansk pea shooter are about 6 feet long I cut them down to a more reasonable length and now it looks kewl.

Quote Originally Posted by jhora View Post
    Is this what you are looking for....
    John's muffler is not a pea shooter. The diameter on these pipes is 50mm.

R Gruppe #631
    Early 911S Registry #1825

1973E Coupe

what length did you cut them to as i am running the same unit and also want to cut , but was concerned that there might be a change in db's
    John Gausden
    Auckland, New Zealand

(shipping carson,CA)
    Early911nz.org
    ST-Classic.com
    ST-Classic Facebook
    "Funding my obsession one nut at a time"

Yes looking at John's muffler more closely it does look different. It appears the two pipes orientation is different as well. But my pipes measure 50 mm as well.
    This is the one that I bought...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/150936266532...84.m1439.l2649
    Measuring from the top I cut the pipes to 6 1/4" in length.
    Attached Images Attached Images