Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Service Offering: Seat belt restoration service

Service Offering: Seat belt restoration service

A few members have asked me if i can help with the re-webbing of there 3-point fixed seatbelts. As i have already made several race harnesses for board members cars, i think i have got this fine tuned.

I am thinking, send me your metal parts, cut off all your old webbing, then post me your fittings in an envelope I have no need for the receiver, as this is a seperate piece, and this is the heavy part that will bump up the postage costs.

I will need your small plastic guide adjusters, but no other plastics. If your's are broken, i have some stock of these parts. If you are missing any other parts, i may be able to help.

All metal mounting tabs will be zinc replated. Chrome tongue will also be stripped and re-chromed. Then over to the certified seat belt company to re-web your fittings with the Euro Black / Orange tracer webbing material. Sew up using correct Repa stitch pattern, install new silk year dated labels as per the originals. Re-rivet plastic adjuster guides.

If there is sufficent demand i may be able to also re-web in the plain Black ROW webbing.
    But, for the time being The Euro 68-72 material is all i have.

A pair of front 3 point fixed belts will cost around, $600 dollars + return postage.
    I am hoping these will fit in a large bubblejet envelope to keep the return postage costs reasonable.

That's about it. If this is of any interest to you, please send me a mail.

Dave

Sent PM regarding seat belts

PM Sent and a bump to the top
    Tony

PM sent regarding front seat belts and back seat belts (I hope you can fix the back seat belts as well).

Regards Nick

Thanks for the kind words Swen.

Ok, i have had a Sunday brainwave Swen.

You can refurbish your reels without sending me your reels. This is obviously not cost effective as i am in the UK. Here's the solution.

I have a huge supply of replated zinc mounting plates so, i will supply this part. I will sew up this end with new dated Repa seatbelt label.

On the retractor end, i will sew the pin loop ready for you to install your existing pin. Now, the material needs to pass through the plastic slot in the Chrome tongue. Bingo! A piece of doubled up webbing passes through the slot. Slide this down, then your belt tidy and your B post mounting guide.

Push in your existing pin, drop in the slot. bolt them up. Job done !

Now i know you are trying to use the bigger 3 point tongue. Well, the small tongue on the harnesses is very similar, but only uses 1 adjuster bar instead of 2 in the larger front seat tongue. The webbing will need to be threaded through, no sewing involved.

I will try this out on the retractors next week. Maybe i might sell a bit more material

Pictures attached.

Dave

Pin loop.

Correct guide

Doubled up material passing through plastic guide.

Thanks Dave .. Very cool. I didn't know a guide like that existed that fits in the old Repa receiver. Your set up is more practical, but I want to stay as close to the '69 example as I can.

This is the set up I want to recreate .... The Autoflug Inertia reel.

http://www.early911sregistry.<wbr>org/forums/showthread.php?<wbr>83579-Seat-belts-1969-and-<wbr>1970

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ract-seat-belt

... and I'm hoping we can apply your plain black US webbing. The reel won't need a lot because much of the material is in that separate belt part (belt 2 in my illustration below). I only need enough to reach from the tongue-and-receiver to the b-pillar loop down to the reel and a few spools for security.

http://www.early911sregistry.<wbr>org/forums/showthread.php?<wbr>85025-Repa-US-webbing-plain-<wbr>black.

The "parts belts" I have to use are 1 pair '72 recoils (accepts a 49mm width belt), 1 pair '69 floppy 3 point belts. I've already sent everything to a local shop for chroming and nickel plating.

I can't get an Autoflug label, so would like to go with your Repa '69 label instead.

This is how I envision it coming together. I'm sure you've seen this a thousand times, but it was an "ah-ha" moment for me.

Can you stitch this? Is this feasible? The risk is not knowing how that black webbing will fit the reel, right? If it won't work I will take your advice and use the smaller harness tongue that you posted in the previous post.

1.png
    mock up.png

Ok, i have now sourced the correct rivets and tooling to use the existing Repa plastic adjusters.
    I do not use the double adjuster with the 3 rivets. I have removed 30 of these and only 3 where re-usable.

They are a waste of time, and too brittle to re-use.
    Pictures of the first set completed. Hope you like them. Bucket of Plastic parts ready for your custom.

I will also have several sets for sale in the next few weeks, for those that have no factory correct belts.

Dave

That might be a better option for me rather then sending back and forth to the UK.

Please put me on the list.
    Tony

[QUOTEI will also have several sets for sale in the next few weeks, for those that have no factory correct belts.[/QUOTE]

Sent you a PM
    Cheers!

Frank Kohnen
    Jupiter, FL USA
    Registry Member #921
    1972 Bahia Red 911 Coupe #9112100390..."Rudy" SOLD
    1967 Savannah Beige VW Beetle Sedan #117364457..."Heidi"...aka "Tinker Toy"