FS: @Jan B. Lühn - '73 RS

. . . as seen, here . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...or-Sale/page32

VIN = 9113600927?
    Eng# = ?
    Trans# = ?

Seller's comments . . .

'. . . Specific history of this car:
    Chassis #0927 was order new by the German car appraiser Gerd Baltes at the Porsche car dealership Jacob Fleischhauer on the 5 October 1972. The original order, which comes with the car, shows that Baltes ordered the car with the following options:

• M472 RS Touring conversion
    • M440 Radio kit with loudspeakers and antenna
    • M549 Seatbelts left and right
    • M650 Electric sliding roof
    • M651 Electric window lifts
    • M571 Rear fog light
    • M569 Collision bar to the rear

. . . The color code was 232312 (blutorange) and the total price of the car was DM 37.281,00. This order has been confirmed in writing by Fleischhauer in an official letter, dating 29 November 1972. The original invoice which also comes with the car is dated 30 April 1973 . . .

. . . Within the next few years Baltes did a lot of kilometers with his RS, as in his position as an appraiser (often for Porsche), he used the car as a daily driver, this it very well documented by a huge amount of service invoices dated throughout the 1970s. As Baltes often worked in the car he had a radio-dictaphone installed in the car instead of the original radio, this is still fitted and comes with the original users manual! . . .

. . . During the nineties Gerd Baltes, now retired from work, gave the lovely RS to his son Gerhard Emil Baltes, who registered the car in Aachen under “AC-A 5151” in February 1992. Baltes jnr. only used the car sparingly but kept it in fully original condition. Few years later the car has been sold within the family to his nephew, a great Porsche collector, who had it apart from a short intermezzo ever since . . .

. . . Today the car is presented in extremely original condition. The RS still has the first matching engine and gearbox fitted and is free of any accident damage. The two doors had after the years some corrosion, this has been repaired professionally, in due course the car has been repainted in the original blutorange colour. The engine and the gearbox have been completely overhauled some years ago and are completely fresh, as the car was not used often since. At a recent test drive the car functioned perfectly in every aspect. The engine has a lot of torque and pulls strongly in all gears, the steering and gearbox works precisely and is without play . . .

. . . As you can expect from a finical appraiser, everything on the car has been perfectly documented and all papers kept in folders. The impressive history folder includes the following: original order of the car, original order confirmation, original invoice, many service invoices from the 1970s until today, the original German registration documents (Fahrzeugbrief) dated March 1973, original service book including its pouch, original users manual for the car including the very rare and original RS annexe, the original users manual for the sliding roof and the dictaphone, the two original keys with two sets of the extremely thought-after key fobs, original factory photos of the RS, the original lever for manual use of the sliding roof, service tools, etc . . .

. . . I have almost never seen a better documented 911! . . .

http://www.janluehn.com/cars/1973-po...-27-rs-touring

(Not mine)
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

Rs 927

Matching numbers? Re-stamped case for sure...

Cees
    Attached Images Attached Images

Restamped indeed, in May of 1978 (If I'm not mistaken) at Stuttgart where it got a brand new 7R mag case.
    The car has the documents to back this up, factory work order sheet and the invoice. For sure is a car with amazing documentation...

what $$ is the asking price?

I heard the asking is Eur 365k, circa $480k.

Nice that the installation of a new case is well documented, but I feel that it's a little bit stretched to call it matching numbers. Anyway, nice car, colour and documentation.
    Andrea
    Early S registry #1082

Quote Originally Posted by vipergruen View Post
    I heard the asking is Eur 365k, circa $480k.

Nice that the installation of a new case is well documented, but I feel that it's a little bit stretched to call it matching numbers. Anyway, nice car, colour and documentation.
    Yep, unfortunately happens all the time...
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

On the replacement case I was under the impression that, along with the case number, the factory also stamped a two letter acronym (something lke AF or AK) into the case to signify it was a factory replacement. Perhaps that was not a consistent practice.

And I'm sure there are others but this is the first RS I have seen with standard seats.

Many Tourings were sold with regular non sports seats, those were always an option.