Thread: Chimay - Tribute to Speed 28-29 September 2013 (Belgium)

Chimay - Tribute to Speed 28-29 September 2013 (Belgium)

Hello, since there is no "Belgium" on the forum and it's only a few Km from the French border, I figured I would post something about the event here.

At the old road racing track of Chimay (Since 1926!) where the famous Grand Prix des Frontieres was held back in the days, there will be Racing with cars again on the last weekend of September.

In 2007 it was the last time that cars were allowed to race on this circuit. For the Tribute to Speed it's an Open Pitlane event, there will be many historic race cars and there is a Porsche only track session.

For those needing more info check out www.circuit.be Or send me a PM

Besides the old race cars from all era's there will be a concourse d'elegance at the Chateau of Chimay and a 40th Anniversary 911RS display with cars ranging from the 911R all the way to the SCRS!

tribute-to-speed1.jpg

Hope to see you in Chimay!

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Please tell us more !!! any pics of the previous events ?
    Xavier
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

I have registered but finally i won't be able to race (family commitments). I might come on Saturday with my daily driver to say "hallo" ...
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Just received from the organisation:

Sent: 11 September 2013 16:01
    Subject: Circuit Chimay Notification

ANNULATION Tribute to Speed !!!

Bonjour à tous,

Suite au manque d'inscriptions "pilotes", le comité d'organisation du circuit de Chimay se voit contraint d'annuler la première édition du Tribute to Speed du 28 & 29 septembre prochain.

Nous procédons dès à présent au remboursement intégral des pilotes ayant déjà réglé leur droit d’inscription.

Nous vous remercions de votre compréhension et vous donnons rendez-vous la saison prochaine sur le circuit de Chimay !

L'équipe du circuit de Chimay

CANCELATION Tribute to Speed​​!

Hello everyone,

Following the lack of « pilots » inscriptions, the organizing committee of the circuit of Chimay was forced to cancel the first edition of Tribute to Speed ​​on 28 & 29 September.

We proceed now to a full refund of the pilots who already paid their fee.

Thank you for your understanding and look forward to seeing you next season on the circuit of Chimay!

The team Chimay circuit

ANNULERING Tribute to Speed​​!

Hallo iedereen,

Naar aanleiding van het gebrek aan inscripties "piloot", was het organiserend comite van het circuit van Chimay gedwongen om de eerste editie van Tribute to Speed ​​on 28 & 29 september te annuleren.

We gaan nu naar een volledige terugbetaling van de piloten die reeds hun vergoeding betaald.

Dank u voor uw begrip en kijk uit naar volgend seizoen op het circuit van Chimay!

Het team circuit van Chimay
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Sad for the organisation, I hope the event will find more people taking part in it next year, it's though to start something new...