Thread: Researching my car's first years in Germany 1971-1976

Researching my car's first years in Germany 1971-1976

I am looking for ideas for how to proceed with the research of my car's first years in Germany. It would be cool to know the first owner(s), German registration, stories, etc and to fill in the blanks from december 1971 to early 1976 when it arrived to Sweden, since every owner after that are known to me, and documented. What I do know is that it was delivered to händler 113, Gottfried Schultz Porsche in Ratingen, Germany in december 1971. They are still in business today, but they say they don't have any records saved from back then. I have also been in contact with the Porsche Archive and Dieter Landenberger in hope to get some more info than the typical CoA-info (which I have already), but no luck.

I have spoken to the owner of the Swedish Porsche dealership who imported my car to Sweden in early 1976, and she actually remembered the car being bought in a group of other Porsches from either firma Becker or firma Fleischmann in the Düsseldorf area. So I suspect it has lived in the Düsseldorf area all of its years in Germany. Fleischmann was from what I understand a sports car broker at the time. He seems to still be active today, but I had no response to my e-mails.

I have also tried to contact the president of the Düsseldorf chapter of Porsche Club Germany with the mentioned story and providing the VIN number, but no response there either.

What do you think guys, have I left any stone unturned?
    Last edited by tomlin; 09-02-2013 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Spelling

Bump. Is there a "backdoor" to get to know the info the factory has on the Warranty card (instead of the Kardex the SWB cars have)? Porsche must have it, since I ordered a new set of keys earlier this year, and got to know my car's Key number that way.

From what I've been told, unless a car has race history, it is very difficult to establish much more history from archives, beyond the Kardex. If someone knows, I'd too be interested.

My car started with Glockler in Germany, but thus far, I've run into same dead end until a few years later.
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

When your car was imported in Sweden by a Porsche dealer or a private person, one of these can ask at the car Registration and import agency for the German Brief, that's the German papers that were needed to import the car in your country. At least in the Netherlands that's a possibility. On this German Brief (i.e. letter) are all previous owners mentioned - if they're not crossed out for privacy reasons. Maybe you can convince the dealer to ask for these papers. Not sure if it will work, but it's worth a try. I did a 'Landenberger' in the past, but no luck also.

Erik

Erik, good suggestion but I have tried pursuing that. When a German car is imported to Sweden a copy is made of the Fahrzeugbreif but then only saved for 10 years at the authorities.

The Porsche dealership that imported the car was sold, and no recepits or any other documents from the time of the import are available.
    Last edited by tomlin; 10-13-2013 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Spelling

Interesting question. What you Need is the "Fahrzeugbrief", green colour, but i think they Take it when the Car was sold to sweden.
    911 S 1967 and ...

67er, I believe they do. And from what I understand the Fahrzeugbreif information is not available from the German authorities, so my hope seems to be somehow getting the first owner (or owners) from Porsche's Warranty records. My car is nothing special, just trying for fun to know the whole chain from being sold by Gottfried Schultz Porsche in Ratingen, Germany to my ownership.
    Last edited by tomlin; 01-06-2015 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Spelling

As stated elsewhere, if your car was once registred in Switzerland you can get all previous owners infos by swiss authorities ASTRA. Nothing is thrown away but copied on mikrofilm. Also, all car's AMAG Wagenkarten since 1951 are preserved, archive today located at Porsche Zurich/Schlieren.

Now, your car is german so unfortunately that doesn't apply.
    I write this just in case others have similar requests and have an ex-swiss car.
    Registry member No.773

Olde Threade Alerte . . .

So? . . .

. . . how did this turn-out?

Any luck with your search?

LOTTA people here interested in this topic. Any tips to pass along?

We Can Be Heroes

Fat chance. Last post was 2.5 years ago

~J~
    air cooled only