Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaking my head in disbelief or What's the difference between Porsches and porcupines

Shaking my head in disbelief or What's the difference between Porsches and porcupines

I was at Caffeine and Carburetors in New Canaan this morning when the following happened. I was parallel parked in a line of Porsches when a blind ass@#$% in a brand spanking new "911" cabriolet tried to park behind me. He pulled into the spot, there was nothing behind him, and inched his way forward until he struck me in the rear.

I along with several other yelled "Stop!" after he hit me.
    I shouted "What the hell are you doing?"
    He replied "You could have told me I was going to hit you!"
    "That's what God gave you fu*king eyes for! was my reply.
    While asking if there was any damage he told me there was no reason to swear at him.
    There was no damage to either car, when he got out he looked at his car first, and offered a conditional apology.
    I laughed in his face as he continued to try to blame me and the others for not warning him and that I was blowing it out of proportion.

The best part of the story. I told him "I hope you are this nonchalant when somebody hits you," his reply "I've been hit by cars twice as expensive as yours.

The perfect example of the stereotypical new Porsche owner and made me think of the the old joke: What's the difference between Porsches and porcupines.
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 09-08-2013 at 08:07 AM.
    1968 Coupe
    901/10 with 2.2 Ps and Cs
    Webers
    911/01
    7s on all corners
    Now Sold

See you did all wrong.
    He needed a beep........beep.......beep...Beep..BEeppp BEEEEEpppp..BEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPP!!!!!! Screaming from inside the car. .
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

And people wonder why I left Greenwich for Austin.

I do think that several (not all) modern Porsche owners buy it for exclusivity and they have very little clue about the history of what the marque stands for ... Or should I stay stood for. Porsche AG themselves know their current crop of customers well and pampers them with options like reverse camera and Burmester audio on their 991 line up.

In this case it is just total lack of respect for others property and someones mind being preoccupied with their e-life. I am sure he must be thinking about his FB or twitter account or would
    Have checked his email on his phone for the tenth time in the last 30 minutes.

I do hope its not a case of stereotypical air cooled owner who stereotypes a water cooled owner
    I am water pumper owner.

w00t, Not at all on the water cooled angle. I had a 996 C4S, great cars. It is more stereotyping the Porsche owner who buys one because he thinks it'll impress somebody rather than because he thought it was a great car. This guy was probably looking at the people hoping that they were noticing him rather than paying attention to my car right in front of him.
    1968 Coupe
    901/10 with 2.2 Ps and Cs
    Webers
    911/01
    7s on all corners
    Now Sold

I bet your car would sell for more than his...
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

That is funny. A few years ago I was flagged down by a lady driving a new Cayenne. I was in my 58 speedster. She introduced herself as an officer of the local PCA and asked me to join. I explained that I had been active years ago and had moved on plus I was interested in the older cars and hands on wrenching. That I did not see much of that with the new models. I explained that I liked the early 911 and 912 and 356's. She knew I was in a speedster but said "what is a 356?"
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Quote Originally Posted by steve shea View Post
    ... "what is a 356?"
    PCA definitely varies a lot region to region.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Then there are these guys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pj8QKTvRTQ

Stupid prank yes, but WAAAY over-reacted to
    1973 911 RSR clone..... to be

"And pretty soon you're grabbing gears like they are ten thousand dollar bills."

http://www.kahikocustoms.com/auto-projects

"The best part of the story. I told him "I hope you are this nonchalant when somebody hits you," "

And thats when you should have clocked him !
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.