Thread: FS: H1 headlights complete LHD

FS: H1 headlights complete LHD

Hi
    First i would like to appologise for my first post being in the for sale section.
    I am over in England and have recently imported a 1967 912, the car came with a set of LHD H1 Headlights. I have asked around and it seems that converting these to rhd is very difficult to say the least, so rather than butcher them i thought i would post an ad here to see if anyone needed a set.
    Condition is pretty good one chrome ring has a dent lenses look good. I only have one pic at the moment but if there is anything that you want a pic of just let me know.Also if there is anything i should be looking for with regards to condition or part numbers let me know. My knowledge of these is not great.
    I will be as honest as i can with all questions and descriptions. I am a member over on ddk and the 912 registry uk as slipslide.
    I realise i am a new member and will probably be in a different country to whoever needs these LHD headlights so if anyone wants them checked out then i am in Essex UK and have http://www.prs356.com/ and http://www.dsdmotorwerks.com/ near me and would be happy to have them check out the lights and as long as its is not crazy money i will split the cost with you. To be totaly transparent i do know the guys at prs they are welding my 912 up and have meet dsd once when i picked up a windscreen.
    I have been told to ask somewhere around £800 for the pair. Feel free to make an offer. Happy to work with people on the shipping and packing, i also need some rhd headlights
    Thanks
    Doug

I may be wrong but I believe all you have to do is replace the lenses with ones for RHD and you can use what you have.
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.

Quote Originally Posted by joegt3cup View Post
    . . . I may be wrong but I believe all you have to do is replace the lenses with ones for RHD . . .
    Doug wishes!

L and RHD H1s have unique/'sided' lo-beam reflectors . . . . as my LHD shows, below --- check-out the shape of that secondary reflector

RHD ones must be some rare beasties, by now
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

I definitely wish it was just lenses but it does seem that I just can't convert them. Gutted really.
    As the saying goes I think the rhd ones are as rare as hens teeth.but if anyone want to swap for some rhd ones then I am all for that .

Offers invited. Or if anyone has some rhd reflectors.

Have you ever considered re-locating?
    Sounds like that might be less trouble...