Thread: Where to get tires changed in Conejo Valley area without damage

Where to get tires changed in Conejo Valley area without damage

Ok, I've had it. A shop I trusted damaged my Boxster rims a few years back when changing tires.

I just had two tires changed on my son's S2000, which were perfect, not a scratch. I did it at a local Honda independent shop that claimed it wouldn't be a problem. One wheel is fine. The other has some decent cuts in the rim now. Of course, they are probably minor for a Honda owner. But, still, not a good job. I watched them do it. At first, it seemed like the guy knew what he was doing. The old tire came off fine. It was when he was putting on the new tire, that he was battling with the tire iron and scratched up the edge of the rim.

I need tires on my 911's Fuchs too. Where the heck can I go and how the heck do I know they will put the right guy on the wheels? I called Richard's and didn't get "good vibes" when I asked them about it. Actually the America's Tire in Camarillo seemed to be on the ball.

FWIW, I just got my tires changed on my Boxster at Fantazy Motorsports in Thousand Oaks. The place is basically a shop that sells radios, crazy big wheels for trucks and cars, and some mufflers. But they know exactly how to deal with fragile, crazy low profile tires. AND they had a machine like I've never seen before. It definitely never touched the wheel. It all these extra arms and pushers and things that took care of it beautifully. I wish I had seen and known of these machines before. They got me tires at very competitive rates too.

Similar Threads

1. Anyone not yet Changed Tensioners?
    By Irish911 in forum General Info
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-27-2013, 08:43 AM
  2. What year changed from 400 to 420 mm steering wheels?
    By Cornpanzer in forum General Info
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 04:43 AM
  3. Changed my oil changed my idol ?
    By boxster03 in forum General Info
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 01:22 PM
  4. Damage to Fuchs from Chrome Plating
    By bobmagyar in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-03-2006, 02:46 AM
  5. Please be on the lookout, '87-89 Carrera (with damage)
    By Zeke in forum For Sale/Wanted: Other Porsche Cars and Parts
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 07:37 PM