Thread: HELP...Motor Meister...UGGG

Banned

HELP...Motor Meister...UGGG

Has anyone pressed Motor Meister legally with the help of a law firm? I am having an issue with them on a matter and would like to consult some legal advice.

Just to clarify, they did not perform work for me nor have they ever performed work on any of my cars. If i ever sell one of my cars, you can be certain that they have not touched it.

I bought a car last week without the engine and transmission. The engine and transmission were sent to Motor Meister about a year ago and they will not allow me to pay for whatever services they have performed as well as the shipping cost getting it back to Louisville. Jerry Marks, an owner, actually picked up the phone and told me he wouldn't even entertain looking in his warehouse unless i gave him some documentation. I asked what he meant by documentation and he stated "anything". What does that mean? I sent him a copy of the title of the car with the name and address of the guy who originally sent him the drivetrain and the engine number. What else do you need? I even offered to pay one of his employees time and a half to stay after work and check the numbers on each case to see if my engine is in the warehouse and he simply hung the phone up on me as i was talking. I asked if he could pull the records and he stated that the records are in storage and they will not do that unless i give him "documentation". However the title validating the VIN number, make, model, and CofA info is not considered documentation.

If anyone has any advice, please feel free to PM me, call, or email.

Thanks in advance!

Robert Liberty
    rliberty@primeres.com

Robert,

This might be of some use... all 46 pages
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ormeister.html

Good luck
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Banned
    Thanks.

I read this earlier...

I could really use the name of a successful attorney if anyone has used one due to MM's antics.

Thanks!

RL

Here's a thought...

One of the first columns I read in Sports Car Market Magazine every month is John Draneas' "Legal Files". Always interesting and very informative as to the potential legal pitfalls of the car hobby. You might try reaching out to him as you search for a lawyer more local to you. He may have a suggestion

http://www.draneaslaw.com/attorneys/john_draneas.html

http://www.draneaslaw.com/car_collector_law.html

Best of luck...
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

Banned
    Great suggestion. thanks

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    If they are this bad, how are they still in business? I dont understand....
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

I wondered the same thing as all I hear is problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital K View Post
    If they are this bad, how are they still in business? I dont understand....
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Banned
    Robert,

Motor Meister's seemingly horrific business practices aside, how on earth would you have legal standing in this matter?
    You purchased the car without eng and transmission. Any basis for legal ownership of said eng/trans would be between the previous owner and MM.

Am I missing something?

Wouldn't the person that you purchased the car from have some sort of "documentation"? He must have a contract or a bill or an estimate or something. Hiring an attorney is probably not going to get you anywhere, except in debt.

Regards

Jim