Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IROC Challenge Australia

IROC Challenge Australia

Re posting from the PCQ facebook account... Could be fun!

IROC Challenge Series. 1st Release. Australian Series 2015

IROC CHALLENGE SERIES

In 1974, in what was to become the forerunner of “one make” style racing, the International Race Of Champions - IROC, was first run in the US featuring the Porsche 911 3.0 RS. While the IROC Series continued on for many years with other makes, the “IROC 3.0 RS Porsche” became one of the most iconic and replicated of all the racing Porsches. Introducing the Australian “IROC Challenge Series”.

IROC Challenge Series. 1st Release.

IROC CHALLENGE SERIES
    The IROC Challenge Series will offer Competitors the opportunity to compete in a structured race series in cars that mirror the IROC 911 3.0 RS in appearance, coupled with Sporting and Technical Regulations that
    have been developed with affordability, reliability and parity as prime targets (ARP). 2014 will be a formation year to allow Competitors to source and build their IROC Challenge cars in preparation for the 2015 Series.

The 2015 Series will be conducted over six rounds (possibly seven) under a CAMS Category Management Agreement (TBC). The Series will feature a mixture of race meetings spread between Qld, NSW, Vic and SA
    at National, Special Interest and State Events that meet a schedule, where possible, with six to eight weeks between rounds. There will be an initial release of 30 Series Competition Licences. Should demand require, there will be a further release of up to another 10 Licences made available.
    In the spirit of the original IROC Series, there is a requirement that each car must be painted in one of the original IROC Porsche colours (plus Gunmetal Grey/Silver). The Technical Regulations will include Series compliant items being Tyres, Wheels, Springs, Brake Calipers and Brake Pads. There will be an engine specification with control camshafts and gear box ratios.

For further information and “Expression of Interest Documentation” please contact the Organisers; Motoring Events Management. Rowan@motoringevents.com.au
    Rowan Harman. 0412 166 976

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Hn1hpz-fc
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    1968 911 Race Car "Grun Hilda"
    1969 S/T interpretation "Blau Healer"
    Restoration Saga

cool idea. i wonder if they will use the FIA spec.
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

I get the impression it may be a 'silhouette' class... Looks like an IROC, but running SC engines and gears? If keeping cost down is truly an object, they'll have to put some kind of ceiling in...
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    Restoration Saga

There is one REAL IROC in Melbourne so it will be interesting to see if they allow him to run that, as in its current spec there is not a class for it where it would running with similar cars.

Probably a lot of old 'Targa' cars that might be up for it. Maybe even some different capacity classes so that you can have the budget spec and real spec.
    Alex Webster

1967 911S Sunroof - RHD
    1969 911E - LHD - Historic Racecar
    1975 911 Carrera 2.7 MFI - RHD - Historic Racecar

My historic racing videos - www.youtube.com/aewebster

Quick everyone start buying SC's! Matt you're already there!

I like the idea of maybe two classes, one representing the original spec (there'd have to be a few tarmac rally cars that might be able to be converted relatively easily) and one pretty stock 2.7 - 3.0 class where you bolt on a ducktail and FG bumpers and go.
    Looking for engine # 6208151
    '74 RS 3.0 Replica
    '70 911E Bahia Red (SOLD)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 Twin plug BEAST (SOLD)
    Australian TYP 901 Register #78
    Early S Registry # 1076

LHD SC's are cheep!

I saw an IROC body kit on ebay thats been there forever for $2k ....... who's taking fraise! .... Curnick???
    Tim Pritchard

1970 911S (resto underway) http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ge-1970S-resto
    1976 Carrera 3.0 Group Sc Race Car
    1969 911T Group Sb Race Car (Sold to a good home)

We'll all be sick of Group S by 2015, so maybe we start doing this!!!
    Alex Webster

1967 911S Sunroof - RHD

I've got a couple of tins of Donohue's Arrow Blue, and my crazy mechanic is sitting on a 3.0 kugelficher injected, slide valved monster engine...

In all honesty, this is the best thing that could happen to the SC... With all the cars getting damaged, the value of nice SCs witll soar
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    Restoration Saga

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Webster View Post
    We'll all be sick of Group S by 2015, so maybe we start doing this!!!

I thought we were all switching to 'Vettes in 2015?
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

Nah - whats the point! IROC all the way

Conver the rally car Ryan, you are almost there!
    Alex Webster

1967 911S Sunroof - RHD