Thread: Really rough 70s value-realistically just a parts lot?

Really rough 70s value-realistically just a parts lot?

Im trying to decipher the value of a 1970 911s that I originally purchased to use the fuchs, brakes, and 5 speed for my beetle.
    Turns out, it has the proper 2.2 high compression heads, case, c/w crankshaft, and rods. Aluminum rear decklid and calipers, a leather wrapped wheel in decent shape, a whole box of tail and turn lenses, etc. Im considering keeping it all together since it all is "numbers matching". Heres the hook- The body was stripped to bare metal in the 1980s and is quite rotted/rusty. What would be a fair range of value for this trailer full of fairly rare items? Or is a part out the way to go in this instance? I cant seem to post photos from mobile, and dont currently have a computer. But i can email pics from my phone to help you guys see what im dealing with. Thanks in advance guys!

Value is going to be hard to estimate based on only your description. Is there any way you could post photos?

Cheers
    Kent
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

I suggest you price it high enough to discourage a rebadge of a T.
    Or part it out if its that rough.
    If near Albany call Adam Wright at "Unobtainium"
    He's would be a good resource/buyer.
    bob moglia
    '72 E sunroof coupe

When you find a number, contact me. I can resurrect the dead.

Matt and Adam from unobtainium are coming out this week. Matt said theyre bringing a trailer, so they clearly intend to buy.
    Again, can anyone stick theyre neck out and give me a price range, even if the shell is toast?
    even if its an "american pickers" individual price list of low ball numbers it would help...
    5-15x5.5 fuchs
    front behr oil cooler
    counterweighted 2.2 crank
    2.2 s cams
    901 5 speed (doenst have the "good" diff
    2.2 s heads (k1819h) with no broken fins
    2.2 s pistons/cylinders
    full body harness in a box
    full set of gauges- odo reads 87000 miles
    aluminum decklid- inner support rib is damaged, but the skin is in decent shape
    s aluminum calipers, vented rotors/hubs/knuckles.
    steel banana arms with full bearing/hub assemblies
    new rear press in wheel bearings-oem
    911s distributor
    911s mfi pump and fuel distributor

It's impossible to be precise without knowing the condition. Notwithstanding, I would value the parts and shell at ~20K to ~25K.
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

i did i quick "add up" of parts i could find that have sold in the past few years, and easily broke north of 15k. Now i have to decide what a fair price to sell out would be, vs the time and hassle of an individual part out... Ive been burned too many times on paypal to want to really explore THAT venture again.