Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VW Polo R Slo-Mo Vid

VW Polo R Slo-Mo Vid

I love the slow motion effect on the jumps in this vid

<iframe width="750" height="563" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RMXqigT6-LM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thumbs up

Amazing........ The new shock and spring technology is so far beyond me.......
    The car comes down off the jump in compression but has virtually NO rebound AT ALL !!!!....even in ultra slow-mo .........
    It just settles back at ride height as if the jump never happened............

It's a new world............
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

I kept waiting to see it bounce but nothing. It looks like it is literally clawing through the turns. Amazing stuff.
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Amazing is the word! Looks as though it has the suspension travel of a Baja truck.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

I think it all comes down to the adjustability of the dampers combined with 10-13 inches of wheel travel. I'm working a 3-day private test with a couple of the top US rally teams in a couple of weeks and plan to get some answers!

Hope you share them with us... the video footage was quite amazing... no rebound at all...

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer View Post
    I think it all comes down to the adjustability of the dampers combined with 10-13 inches of wheel travel. I'm working a 3-day private test with a couple of the top US rally teams in a couple of weeks and plan to get some answers!
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

So I talked to co-driver Alex Gelsomino today and he has seen the video and filled me in. In fact, they spent the entire day today testing damper settings, springs and ride height. The dampers and ride height are adjustable by the driver/co-driver. The engineers will figure out the setting for each stage. That information goes right into the co-driver's pace notes. So before a stage, they get out of the car and make the adjustments. The dampers nearly everyone uses are Reiger. Around $10,000 to $15,000 for a set. We'll spend all day tomorrow on a different stage road with much different characteristics and do it all again.

a IMGP4015.jpg

a IMGP4007.jpg

a IMGP3998.jpg

watersplash.JPG

That is too cool! I see they also have the CG near perfect as well!
    72 911S Targa #0807 95+% German.

Paul Harrop 12.5% German.

Early S #2059

Really like the sparks coming off the studded tires as they claw for the tarmac beneath the ice and snow.

The cars as they land light on their feet remind me of the latest generation monster trucks as well.....no rebound.

Way cool....
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

Day 2 we were in a very remote area a few miles from Lake Superior. The only other sign of life out here are a few bear hunters. Rain all day of course, but that's probably good because rain is predicted for the rally this weekend. One of the team is an ex-Tuthill Porsche mechanic and crewed on Mouton's 911 in the Safari Rally a couple of years ago - he had some good stories. Here's the boys swapping out a driveshaft right on the stage.

a IMGP4051.jpg

No motorhomes out here. Everybody stands in the rain and gets wet
    a IMGP4052.jpg

aaIMGP4049.jpg
    Last edited by CurtEgerer; 10-16-2013 at 03:03 PM.