Thread: FS: Oil Cooler from 70 911S 2.2 - threaded

FS: Oil Cooler from 70 911S 2.2 - threaded

SOLD. This is a very nice oil cooler removed from a 1970 911s and stored for 20+ years. It is one of the nicest I've seen with no damaged fins, solid mounting brackets all around, excellent threads and oil still inside. No evidence of repairs that I can see. As with everything we sell, money back guarantee as long as you don't work the part. Asking $2000 obo.
    -- Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Unobtanium-inc; 10-10-2013 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Part sold
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

one more photo...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!

Interested parties may want to look at the Stoddard catalog for these at a very reasonable values vs. the offered price!

New is NEW and Junk is well....Junk!

Stoddard does not sell correct 2.2 S collers like this. They have been unavailable for many years. They had one NOS one a couple years back and as I recall it was $4500.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Quote Originally Posted by imsa68 View Post
    Interested parties may want to look at the Stoddard catalog for these at a very reasonable values vs. the offered price!

New is NEW and Junk is well....Junk!
    You must have waited a long time to get a dig in, and you finally got your chance! Congratulations!
    I guess this is a nice break from begging me to sell you our parts on eBay even though we have blocked you as a bidder, or incessantly calling the shop trying to buy our "junk" parts even though we tell you every time that we aren't interested in selling you anything.

As far as the oil cooler is concerned, junk may be junk, but original is original, and this original is almost perfect.

-- Matt

If I sold a 73S/RS trombone cooler for $1500 three or four years ago and am still receiving requests for them at that price, then I'd say this much more efficient radiator-style 2.2S cooler is fairly priced and ready for a new home.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Please put me first in line. PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by 914-6 FAN View Post
    Please put me first in line. PM sent.
    Sold to the man with the flatter car! Thanks - Matt

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    this type of stuff is MIND BLOWING to me!
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1