Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1972 911S Coupe

FS: 1972 911S Coupe

Early notice! Matching numbers black 0800 non-sunroof Karmann coupe, 9112300916. I do not think the car has been referenced on this site, and documentation is sketchy. Car has had 2.7 upgrade to original case, claimed by PO 248 HP at flywheel. RS clone tribute, flares; original seats, bumpers/valance and rear deck included with sale. Paint is a 30 footer if nearsighted. Apparent front end damage repaired but not to a high standard, otherwise solid body with little if any discernable rust. Purchased 2005 and stored undriven until recently. Car transported to respected NE Porsche shop for PPI, full results available. Phase 2: Shop commissioned to start and make car drivable: 'sounds good, sounds as it should, strong' (their words). Now awaiting install of rebuilt original fuel pump and starter. Brakes flushed, calipers fine. Intent has been to bring the car out of mothballs to a low grade driver capable of being driven as worked on. Not a creampuff...not a basketcase. Pictures and additional info when this S returns to me. $65k, offers considered.
    Early S Registry # 1687

Karmann 911S model? This is the first I've heard unless I'm missing something.

From PO's original sale listing:1972 911S matching number non sunroof coupe, original Black 0800 paint code, brand new paint job a motn ago, with the Carrerra gold stripe. Car was rebuilt by Jim Naves himself, long time president of POC in the 80's and early 90's winner of stock street car in 1985-6 and was car of the year 2 years in a row. This is the single most succesful POC PCA car and still holds many class records. The motor was completely stripped and rebuilt with 2.7 Euro barrels and pistons, machine work by Axtel ported and polished and blueprinted and balanced, and every secret mod allowed, engine rated at 248 HP at the flywheel. RS body flare with factory RS butt welded by Jim Torres of Burbank Coachwork. Suspension has larger torsion tubes, special tube sway bar, solid bushing, corner balanced, Koni shocks, 70% LSD, rebuilt gearbox, extremely fast car.
    Etc...
    Not my words, info as provided to me by PO. I cannot attest to any of the above content, just trying to supply info as presented.
    Early S Registry # 1687

Looking forward to seeing your pictures. Also, any additional documentation --- CoAs, receipts for work done, manuals, etc . . . always helps

Another car that needs to on our site --- lotta folks/suppliers/resources/information here to bring this one back . . .

. . . and thank you for posting!

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by bigcheese View Post
    From PO's original sale listing:1972 911S matching number non sunroof coupe, original Black 0800 paint code, brand new paint job a motn ago, with the Carrerra gold stripe. Car was rebuilt by Jim Naves himself, long time president of POC in the 80's and early 90's winner of stock street car in 1985-6 and was car of the year 2 years in a row. This is the single most succesful POC PCA car and still holds many class records. The motor was completely stripped and rebuilt with 2.7 Euro barrels and pistons, machine work by Axtel ported and polished and blueprinted and balanced, and every secret mod allowed, engine rated at 248 HP at the flywheel. RS body flare with factory RS butt welded by Jim Torres of Burbank Coachwork. Suspension has larger torsion tubes, special tube sway bar, solid bushing, corner balanced, Koni shocks, 70% LSD, rebuilt gearbox, extremely fast car.
    Etc...
    Not my words, info as provided to me by PO. I cannot attest to any of the above content, just trying to supply info as presented.
    How old is this ad?

Car was purchased in combination with an '84 chassied 935 rep (any interest?) from an ebay listing in November 2005. My intent was to do a high level restoration but acquisition of other vehicles kind of got in the way.1972 911S COA.jpg
    Early S Registry # 1687

Rather grainy image from the original listing...some here may remember seeing the car on ebay.
    Cheers - HankEbay listing image.jpg
    Early S Registry # 1687

Found this on Pelican based on Vin search. Looks like ad from previous owner.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...e-what-do.html

John
    1967 911 Light Ivory
    1971 911T Albert Blue 3.2
    1973 911T Silver 3.0

PM sent thanks George

Can someone explain what a 'Coupe K' is? Sorry if its obvious I'm here to learn.