Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SCRS kugelfischer race pump.

SCRS kugelfischer race pump.

Does anybody on the board know anything about these pumps ?

A friend of mine has a pump that was purchased from the Jean Pierre Gaban race team.
    I have done the usual searches on here, google etc. All i managed to come up with was an identical pump in the Ladenburg auction.
    . http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/...orsche-911-scr

Anybody that may know a value, or a buyer i would welcome a PM.

The pump.

Kugelfischer VJPL 105/14/6

pump used in 954 911 SC RS, engine type 930/18. info from the owners manual.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ernie W
    member of Early 911S Registry

Last car I saw using one of these pumps (in about 1985)...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I have 2 of the 6 cylinder Kuglefischer MFI pumps. Both were in un-know condition. I paid $2200. for one and $2500. for the other. There is one on E-Bay, NOS, for $20,000 or something. That's a bit crazy but the pumps are very rare. Does yours have a pulley? I'm setting up a test bench right now so I can flow test the ones I have. Gus Pfister at Pacific Fuel Injection, San Fransisco Calif. rebuilds them and knows everything about them.
    Kuglefischer1.jpg Kugelfischer2.jpg Kuglefischer3.jpg
    Mark Jung
    MFI Werks
    Early 911S Registry #972
    Carrera T w/LWB, MT, RWS, PCCB
    72 T 66 x 100 MFI Twin Plug Coupe
    R Gruppe #686

Do they flow more than a Bosch can? What is the most horsepower that can be supported?
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Hi Mark,

thanks for the info. All he has is what is in the picture. Why are some plated up as Bosch, and the others with the Kugelfischer plate ?

I think that the Kugelfisher is less sophisticated than the Bosch pump and they were commonly fitted to the Capri RS2600.

I have two that I bought some time ago and there is a Company in the UK with a Calibration Stand.

I thought they were fitted to the SCRS because of unavailability of new Bosch Pumps.

The Kugelfisher had no turbo boost for the Porsche so Bosch added their version and re-taged it, to the best of my knowledge. The Bosch 2.8 RSR pump could deliver 280 ml/min @ 8000 rpm per cylinder and the Kugelfisher could deliver 312 ml/min @ 8000 rpm per cylinder.
    Mark Jung
    MFI Werks
    Early 911S Registry #972
    R Gruppe #686

Correction to my last post: Digging through my notes I found that in 1978 Bosch bought out Kugelfisher and added there Bosch tag to the pumps. Bosch also cast there own version of the original Kugelfisher pump body. You can see the difference in the 3 photos above.
    Mark Jung
    MFI Werks
    Early 911S Registry #972
    R Gruppe #686

Some very interesting notes can be found here http://philippe.boursin.perso.sfr.fr/pdginj5.htm

According to this source, Bosch aquired FAG in 1975.
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter