Lots of posts out there regarding the various dash options but I thought I'd throw one more into the mix.

I'd been reading about the poor fit of the current dashes available from Porsche, the recovered dashes, and the aftermarket dashes. I was intrigued by what I'd read about the reproduction dash available from some of the European vendors including Lakewell.com. I don't really have a pressing need for a dash right now but I was ordering some other bits from Lakewell and my curiosity got the better of me.

The dash arrived today and, if I'm honest, I'm very impressed. The quality and the finish is excellent. I was aware that the speaker grill wasn't removable on these dashes and I was curious about how it looked. I'm happy to report that it looks excellent. I haven't tried to fit it in a car yet but I compared it to another early dash I have and everything looks right. Next time I have a dash out of a car I'll test fit it and report back but I'm expecting it to fit very well. I'm by no means a concours judge but I don't think I'd be able to tell the difference between this dash and a factory dash once it was in the car - it's that good.

I also had the opportunity to have a 914 dash recovered by JustDashes.com about a month ago. It was also very impressive. I may send them a 911 dash core (a much harder dash to recover) for recovering just so I can compare it to this Lakewell.com dash.

A few photos for anyone considering buying one of the Lakewell.com dashes.

Name:  dash1.jpg
Views: 959
Size:  65.4 KBName:  dash2.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  54.8 KBName:  dash3.jpg
Views: 956
Size:  173.2 KBName:  dash4.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  90.5 KB