Thread: Interior advice Southern California

Interior advice Southern California

Hello Fellow Enthusiasts,
    Had a quick but important question regarding interior restoration. Is there anyone in
    Southern California that can be recommended to create an original interior? I would really
    appreciate advice.
    Thanks in advance, tom

George Baloian of Levon Mobile Upholstery. (818) 438-7299
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Autobahn in San Diego maybe?

http://www.autobahninteriors.com

/Johan

What Eric said! Actually Eric is no slouch on interiors either and has been known to stash this or that as well. When I had my madras 73S seats redone at Autobahn with material from Eric the result was beyond expectation. Cinnamon leatherette aka tan is nonexistent. I was able to get some nos pieces that Eric had. Tony took them apart and used the nos stuff where needed on the original seats. The big problem was the tan madras wool inserts. They were bleached out and had one hole. Well Tony, the master of preservation, had the hole hand woven closed. Then turned the material over to reveal stunning original color. So he reused the original madras with the cinnamon. The seats literally look new but are original with the original material all cleaned up, restuffed and resewn. I have had other work done by Tony and crew and never been disappointed. I'm about to send my speedster seats to have them recovered using the original horsehair. The foam just does not come close to the original look or feel of the seats. I'll only have Tony do it.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

I would love to look at Tony's website but you need flash to do it! 30% of the planet use iPads and are unable to view using flash......so that can't be good for business.

We're fortunate to have a great selection of very talented upholsters in So. California. Autos international (Escondido) did a spectacular job on my seat inserts on my 356 and Tony at Autobahn (San Diego) did a magnificent job of my 911 T in beautiful German black coarse leather. I would recommend either one of those.*

Quote Originally Posted by Midlifecrisis View Post
    I would love to look at Tony's website but you need flash to do it! 30% of the planet use iPads and are unable to view using flash......so that can't be good for business.
    Totally off-topic but you'd be surprised. Used correctly, it can be.

+1 on both Tony and Autos International, btw. Had outstanding experiences with both of them.

Tony just restored my original seats using most of the original vinyl with a couple of vintage matching door panels sacrificing themselves. Tony even had a matching piece of brown welting in his stash for the seam that runs around the outside! Here's a picture of the result. They look amazing!!!

Name:  IMG_1787.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  65.9 KB
    -Chris Mohr

S Registry #1978

Thank you all for your insights. Very much appreciated!
    About to embark on the interior!!