Thread: FS: 1973.5 Porsche 911T Coupe Matching Numbers RS tribute/clone

FS: 1973.5 Porsche 911T Coupe Matching Numbers RS tribute/clone

VIN: 9113102580, original 2.4 CIS (Bosch K-Jetronic) engine # 6134761. I’m the 4th owner, the previous owner had it for 26 years and kept a log of repairs/improvements totalling $42k. 147,xxx miles. Excellant paint (Viper Green) done in 2007. I believe the original color is metallic gray. Fiberglass duck tail, fiberglass front RS style bumper and fiberglass front fenders.
    Car runs, drives and shifts beautifully. Original 15” Fuchs (date stamped 1/73).Newer carpeting, headliner, shocks, SS brake lines, rebuilt calipers. Has updated Carrera chain tensioners. New seals and lenses all around. Service record show a “1,000 miles check up after engine rebuild” at 128,400 miles. The seats currently in the car are later model (911?) seats, but I have the originals (with head rests) as well. Have original steering wheel also. Owner’s manual, maintenance book, tool roll, jack and spare wheel/tire are all there. Rockers have been replaced, floor is solid with the exception of a small area on the passenger side that could use attention. Front suspension pan has a rusty area around the tow hook. Battery boxes are solid. Car is located in NH. $36,000.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Saturday bump.

correction: original color is Silver Metallic (080)

Sparkie - I know you have had this car for sale awhile and it can be frustrating to shift something - I will give you my 2cents having gone through something similar when the market was down. On the surface the car is priced well for the current market

If you can install the correct seats and wheel you have
    Find a 915 shift knob and get the correct rubber gator
    If you can get the ride height adjusted to a Euro stance
    Clean up the lose wiring in the engine bay
    Address the rust areas - or at least give detailed pics of the issue to let new buyers know what they will have to deal with
    Take some more detailed pictures

IMO I think it would go fast with those few adjustments

Just trying to help

Best of luck with the sale
    Last edited by boxster03; 12-07-2013 at 11:54 AM.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

I'm actually on the market to buy a similar car -- my primary objective is to find a 1972 or 1973 911E coupe needing TLC -- and I can tell you this car is interesting to me. My own personal issues with it are the fiberglass parts and the rust in the suspension pan, beyond the other issues Boxster03 talked about. To me, if the original seats and steering wheel come with the car, then the wrong parts installed are not deal breakers. Many people don't have an eye for "potential", so Boxster's suggestions are good.

If I were to buy this car, I would just want to work on the price to absorb the cost of steel fenders, bumper and deck lid.

I also agree with Boxster03's comments.... I have already installed the correct 915 shift knob and the original rubber gator. The original steering wheel can be installed in about 10 minutes and the original seats can be installed easily as well, I have not done so yet because I wasn't sure what the next owner would want to do with the car. The two rust issues are minor, I intend on having them taken care of just as soon as my restoration guy can schedule it.

rust

what rust, I don't see rust in the 3 pictures?
    Mike

Did the car sell yet?
    Member No. 2861
    @p911r on Instagram

Still available. I've let the ad go dormant for the winter while I address the small rust areas.