Thread: FS: @eBay --- MOMO 'Monza' . . .

FS: @eBay --- MOMO 'Monza' . . .

Not a lotta wheel action being posted lately, so . . .

Here's one!

Looks pretty crusty --- but I think that it'll clean-up nicely . . .

Per the Seller . . .

. . . sorry i had to stop the last auction on this as i did not put it was a monza momo wheel,a few people asked if it was a monza as they wanted a monza and it was not in my tittle,sorry about that and please re bid' thank you. Rare good used condition , original vintage Momo 355 mm / 14" flat competition steering wheel with hub that the spline fits a Porsche as shown in pics. A WHEEL LIKE THIS JUST SOLD ON EBAY FOR WELL OVER 1000.00 SO GO FOR IT AS I HAVE NO RESERVE ON IT! WATCH OUT MANY BUYERS USE SNIPE. COM AND WILL BID THE LAST 2 SECONDS SO IT WILL GO SO BID YOUR HEART OUT AND GOOD LUCK! . . .

. . . This vintage wheel is by Momo back in the 60's. I think this is one of the earliest steering wheel that made by Momo along with Le Mans, Elite, Monza, etc competition steering wheel. I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RAISE MY OPENING PRICE TO THE MARRKET DEMAND IF THERE ARE NO BIDS AT THE TIME I DO SO . . .

. . . Wheel is in anodized black with flat spoke. It has a Porsche horn button in it but can fit any type. The front of the spoke reads MONZA and MOMO at the bottom spoke . . .

. . . The steering wheel has highly sought after outside 14" / 355MM diameter . . .

. . . Leather is nice and stitching tight and nice , The foam is firm, it has been treat with conditioner from time to time to prevent dry rotted. It has a hard to see nick but this used steering wheel is not used up and just needs a little cleaning of paint. There is nothing major wrong as you see from my pictures. I think his is wheel is over 40 years old years old,I found this steering wheel in a old Porsche trunk and I don't know what it would fit but maybe the back color can give you a hint,Please let me know if you do know. Thanks It has it's original patina . . .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-MONZ...c5797a&vxp=mtr

(Not mine)
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Wow... looks nice!
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Left spoke has been tweaked and bent back. You can see the stress cracks in the ano.

So, what's the consensus??? Would one rather have the black or clear finish in this wheel?? Anyone care to venture a perceived difference in value based on finish?
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Consumer Reports

Quote Originally Posted by 70SATMan View Post
    . . . Left spoke has been tweaked and bent back. You can see the stress cracks in the ano . . .
    . . . and prolly why it was in that trunk that it came out of, in the first place. Still . . . one man's patuie is another's patina, so . . .

[I][COLOR="#0000CD"]. . . So, what's the consensus??? Would one rather have the black or clear finish in this wheel?? . . .
    Black for me. My whole dash is black --- pad, gauges, facia, basically everything . . . so anything else --- especially silver . . . would just look outta place

. . . Anyone care to venture a perceived difference in value based on finish? . . .
    Based on what I said above? . . . . . . clear/silver = pass/no bid

We Can Be Heroes

My guess is that allowing $400 - $500 for the hub, another $200 for the horn button (based on condition), and the inherant value of the wheel ($1,200 - 1,500) this combo will easily break $2,000 by end of auction.

Banned
    Who you callin a momo?

I am definitely out of touch. These wheels are really worth this kind of dough?
    Mike, you're kidding, right?

I'm amazed at how valuable the crap is that I've thrown away.

Sadly Frank, these prices are the new reality.

On the bright side I spent a lot of time in your dumpster and what you threw away would not be appropriate fodder for this discussion board.

Quote Originally Posted by ibmiked View Post
    . . . Sadly Frank, these prices are the new reality.

On the bright side I spent a lot of time in your dumpster and what you threw away would not be appropriate fodder for this discussion board . . .
    Excellent!

We Can Be Heroes

Banned
    ...still laughing.

With 4 females around here I don't even dig in my trash.

Trucks arrive monthly with pallets of feminine products.
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 11-05-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Sold . . .

. . . $1425/1062/£885

We Can Be Heroes