Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1974 US Carrera 26K original miles

FS: 1974 US Carrera 26K original miles

I know I'm pretty new here and fairly unknown but I've been in the Porsche repair business for going on 25 years and am helping a customer sell her car. I'm sure a couple of people on the board know me and can vouch for my honesty. I plan on sticking around and being a positive member here on the board. That being said this is one of the nicest, original, unrestored cars I have come across.

What we have is a very original, well documented, low mileage car.

Asking price is $70,000.

Link to pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/billswi...7636520512166/

This car was at EASY's Saturday Rgruppe gathering this past weekend so perhaps some people here can verify its existence and condition as the pics are just from my iPhone and really don't do justice to the car.

I'm helping a friend/customer sell her late husband's car. Its kind of a sad story. He had an original RS touring model and when they started to get too valuable to drive he got this car in order to drive it. Shortly after getting the car, he got cancer and died only putting around 3000 miles on the car. It has sat in their garage for almost ten years and she's finally ready to let it go.

Sure, its not a long hood or short wheel base car but as the prices of those cars hit the stratosphere the next logical collectible is right here. This car is incredible! One of only around 500 US Model Carreras produced. Its a non-sunroof car with red sport seats, flares and duck tail all factory original.

The mileage really is ONLY 26K! edit This mileage claim is in dispute. Please see my post on page 2, post #14 for details edit

I have books and records that will go with the car and be available to any potential purchaser to examine to prove the mileage claim. COA, all numbers matching and original invoice with options list, including the hood script. I believe it was called "safety script" or something like that.

The hood script is very unusual and rare. I have only seen it on this car and in magazines. The owner also has another hood without the script that can go with the car if the purchaser wishes.

Pictures cannot do this car justice.

I have been all over this car with a fine tooth comb and can only find a couple of things not perfect on it. The front bumper has been repainted at some time. The rear lower valence has been repainted as well and the textured part on the part near the bellows doesn't match on both sides. There is one small snag on the driver's seat outer bolsters piping. The steering wheel looks like its seen a bit of sun. All four inner fender wells have been dusted with a flat black. Someone's idea of "cleaning up" the area I assume. A concourse detail would probably clean it right up.

The car runs great! The case has already been time-certed at approximately 13K miles along with new exhaust valves at that time.

While bringing it back from storage it got a new battery. It had the fuel tank drained and flushed. The brake system flushed with new fluid and bled. The transmission was drained and filled with swepco. The oil was changed and filled with motul 5100 15-50. It will need tires as these Pirellis have been on there for a while and I wouldn't trust 'em and they feel funny at 60 MPH. The fuel filter was left installed as there is no original replacement available and the new owner can decide how they wish to perform the update.

The car is available to view in Oakland, CA. or I can take pictures of any area a potential buyer would wish.

I have helped ship cars all over the world and can assist in arranging shipping if the new owner wishes. Or they can pick it up and drive it home.

Call 510-420-1262 or e-mail billswim(at)sbcglobal dot net

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Billswim; 12-20-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Neat car...welcome and good luck with the sale.

Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/flatsixinc

Bill~ Very nice examples and rapidly increasing in value, if i did not own one myselft, i would be all over it. My recommendation would be to upload better quality pictures with a good quality digital camera and i believe you will get a better response. Originals examples with good history are already 6figures. Best of luck.

I have known Bill since he was a young pup. I can vouch for Bill (he is not a car flipper), the car and it's owner and would be happy to take pictures (high quality ones) of any detail you would want. The car is just a couple of blocks from here (no, it is not at Fantasy Junction). I do not have any stake in this car but, also, want to see it go to a good home and for it's current owner to be treated with respect (No calls from Beverly Hills). This car was a very important part of the owner's and her late husbands life. All that aside, it is a spectacular example of a 74 Carrera.

Ciao

Jim
    510-653-3279

Thanks Jim! Its been a while since I've been a pup so Jim's known me for a while, lol

Car is sold pending funds. Thanks for looking everyone.

Thank you for posting your car, here

We Can Be Heroes

WOW, nice color and interior! hood script is interesting, I remember seeing it on a period toy or slot car and thought it was never on a real car.

Great car, but it's not the 210 hp EURO Version...
    911 S 1967 and ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    I do not have any stake in this car but, also, want to see it go to a good home and for it's current owner to be treated with respect (No calls from Beverly Hills). This car was a very important part of the owner's and her late husbands life.
    Not sure I agree with the commentary on callers from the 90210, but I respect and appreciate the other sentiments. I hope the car gets placed with a new caretaker that has a long-term view.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    Not sure I agree with the commentary on callers from the 90210, but I respect and appreciate the other sentiments. I hope the car gets placed with a new caretaker that has a long-term view.
    Actually, I was referring to any individuals that use Beverly Hills in their Company name but actually hail from 90063

Ciao

Jim