Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Story of Tangerina Jolie

Thanks.

My reference to 1/4" was because a 7R wheel has one inch more backspace than a regular 7 wheel - and you have taken 3/4's of that with your spacer. So the overall fitment/location of a regular 7 wheel (without a spacer) should only differ in location from your 7R wheel by 1/4". Does this make sense?
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

Marco,

Did the stock rear arches require rolling to clear the 215 tyres?

Quote Originally Posted by obrut View Post
    Thanks.

My reference to 1/4" was because a 7R wheel has one inch more backspace than a regular 7 wheel - and you have taken 3/4's of that with your spacer. So the overall fitment/location of a regular 7 wheel (without a spacer) should only differ in location from your 7R wheel by 1/4". Does this make sense?
    Yes, but I still can't answer your question about 215s because I just don't know. I know that this car had 205/60s on 7s at all four corners before we took it apart, but getting a 215 on there would be pushing it. And we still may end up massaging these rear quarter panels as there're a few more things in the works that may necessitate the change.

Quote Originally Posted by blue72s View Post
    Marco,

Did the stock rear arches require rolling to clear the 215 tyres?
    We didn't make any changes, but I haven't checked to see if they were rolled prior (probably have been, though). I knew that standard 7s fit so I wasn't too worried about the R wheels. The 930 brakes proved to be the biggest hurdle....
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Hey Marco, when you get that car back on the road please let me know what you think of the tires. I think I'll get some for the 71T I'm building. Thanks, -Scott
    72S, 72T now ST

Quote Originally Posted by Longballa View Post
    Hey Marco, when you get that car back on the road please let me know what you think of the tires. I think I'll get some for the 71T I'm building. Thanks, -Scott
    I can tell you one thing right out of the gate, Scott, they're N-rated so Porsche approves...officially. This gives me at least a modicum of hope for quality performance.

UPDATE: The motor and trans went in today - hopefully for good - but I'm not 100% sold on that yet so I didn't hook up the fuel or oil systems. Call me skeptical... I also had to fix a handbrake spreader that felt it didn't need to do its job, so I took a few pics for fun-zies.

Tonight I'm going to hook up my old desktop and see if I can scavenge a few photos of TJ, her owner, and I in Germany and Switzerland. That would be a huge win...
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 11-12-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    -Marco

Not sure why the darn forum keeps rotating my photos.
    -Marco

Quote Originally Posted by obrut View Post
    Marco,

Do you think the 215/60/15 would fit the rear of a stock body LWB car on a regular 15x7 wheel?

If you're using a 3/4" spacer then there should only be 1/4" in it.
    The answer is no. That would be more than 1/4" interference on a stock fender.
    A 7R with a 215 and 15mm spacer then usually.
    The fenders are modified some to even fit the 19mm(3/4) spacers.
    H
    Sorry Marco, please continue.

Unhappy

Not sure why the darn forum keeps rotating my photos.
    Not sure either.......

Hope I helped......
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be able to provide a picture for at least a few days...
    Still waiting..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post

Our buddy Harvey Weidman is responsible for the awesome refurb job on the wheels.
    Marco... What is the finish Harvey did on the wheels, stock?
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway