Thread: 1967 Porsche Weltmeister Calendar Coin ??

Paid Member # 1991

1967 Porsche Weltmeister Calendar Coin ??

I found this while poking around the family home. There is one currently up for sale on Ebay and some general info courtesy of Google. Below is a link to one that was sold here a couple of years ago. Does anybody know what the story is on how these came to be? I'm guessing they came with a calendar available from the dealership or Christophorus? At this point, I'm more interested in history than value. Thanks in advance.

Related link: http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-Calendar-Coin

- MR
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Yes, they came with the yearly issued P calendars.
    A coin was imbedded in the cardboard, at the back/last page of each calendar

Here is the type of Calendar:

Registry member No.773

Paid Member # 1991
    Hah! Thanks very much for the information. My father gave me a Porsche calendar from that era which I hung on my bedroom wall. I thought it was later than 1967, but that's also quite possible. (I would have been 10 years old.) He probably thought I would lose the coin, so he kept it for himself

That calendar probably started my interest in the marque.

- MR

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 05:23 PM
  2. FS: 1967 Porsche Christophorus Calendar Coin
    By evokes in forum For Sale/Wanted: Other Porsche Cars and Parts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2011, 01:56 PM
  3. 1972 porsche calendar photos and coin with frame
    By advtracing in forum For Sale/Wanted: Other Porsche Cars and Parts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 08:18 AM