Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: does any one know of a 73 2.4S RHD Viper Green imported from the UK?

does any one know of a 73 2.4S RHD Viper Green imported from the UK?

Hi All

does any one know of a RHD Viper Green UK imported 73 2.4S coupe? I owner this car when I was young and nieve and and have been beating myself up for selling it. I believe it came to Australia early 1980s I owned it from 1986 to about 1988.

Cheers Graeme

VIN? Than might ease the search ...
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

There lies the conundrum 25 years latter I dont have any details which is sad. I have tried a number of sources Ie IAn Hamilton whom serviced it but to no avail.
    I believe there were only 6 73 2.4s cars in Australia does ther registry have a more accurate figure?

Hi Graeme. I suggest you track down Hugh Hodges via the Australian TYP901 registry website - http://typ901.org/ - he is a veritable encyclopedia on Australian-delivered cars - seriously freaky & very helpful!
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Winston Churchill

'76 carrera 3.0 - silver.
    '69T Irish green - gone but not forgotten!

Hi Mark
    Great many thank for the suggestion. It appears I need to join the Registry to contact him.

Graeme

i only have details of the cars ordered and delivered via Hamilton's the official Porsche distributor for Australia (and New Zealand for a lot of the time in the early years)
    there were 9 1973MY 2.4S coupes delivered here and another 6 targas. Only one of the Coupes was viper green.
    there were also 6 1972MY 2.4 S coupes delivered, again only one in viper - which was a "special" car as it was converted to RS specs by the local Porsche people using factory parts including 2.8 P&C before delivery to the first owner (a "special friend of the factory").
    however i dont have records of cars privately imported since then which your car seems to have been if it was originally a UK car. So sorry i cant help on that side.
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

which state was thew car sold into Graeme?

I see that you have spoken to Ian Hamilton - so is it NSW?

Justin

[QUOTE=HughH;688791]Graeme

.... again only one in viper - which was a "special" car as it was converted to RS specs by the local Porsche people using factory parts including 2.8 P&C before delivery to the first owner (a "special friend of the factory"). ....

which, for the record, I think is this one (4th row, 4th along)
    http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/soldcars.htm
    Paul

1969 ex-South African RHD Tangerine 911T . 1970 ex-Southern Californian LHD Conda 911T 1955 Series 1 86" Land Rover (original Australian CKD … very slowly re-building) 1987 W124 230e
    (long term paid up member)

Paul
    close. but i dont think so
    you could always tell the Pat Burke car by the very custom RSR front spoiler that was drilled on both sides under the headlights / horn grills for extra cooling airflow. you can see them in the first pic. although the last time i saw this car a year or two ago it had both a standard front spoiler and engine lid disguising its old profile
    this sort of change (or a color change) makes it hard to keep track of a car except by the numbers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

close ... even got the right shop ... but a miss is as good as a mile !!
    thanks for the pictures - good looking beast isn't it !
    Paul

1969 ex-South African RHD Tangerine 911T . 1970 ex-Southern Californian LHD Conda 911T 1955 Series 1 86" Land Rover (original Australian CKD … very slowly re-building) 1987 W124 230e
    (long term paid up member)