Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new 65

split time between Home in Ponte Vedra Beach FL and Atlanta

new 65

recently bought this 1965 911 , 56K MILES pretty original except rocker stripes , sunroof, leather , travel lit, tool kit etc etc
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome to the forum. 65, 69S, keep on rollin

Help ma they're gunna wash my car

Wow. 56k miles?! Congrats
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Very nice; I'd like to know more about this one for my database please.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Congrats. I'm jealous beyond words.

that looks like tim bakers car
    registry #2072

Yes it was Bakers car after 3 years of dogging him he finally sold it , my other 65 won the Amelia Cup and was Judges choice at Parade a couple of years ago and I needed a retirement challenge so made an offer , I was attracrted to it because it had a ton of acessories , ie elect sunroof , travel kit, FULL leather , head rests , special amp gauge , ski rack, tinted glass , talbot mirrors , elevated drivers seat .
    I eventually sold the other 65 for well over 200K and it now resides in Portugal , that leaves me with this 65 , two 65 race cars including the Pickett/Gregg car and a Bali Blue 65 .
    I nixed the rocker stripes ( 1968 era) and restuffed the seats , rebuilt the solexes , etc should be done soon

Great Car, well done!
    911 S 1967 and ...

That is what I was told , records seem to substanciate it , The other car I recently picked up also had similar milage , a 1969S , stored for 30 years , had not run for at least ten , but engine was a mess , running now after 2300 dollar rebuild of fuel pump

Thanks a 67S is pretty darn cool , I recently hesitated and lost one , but I did get the 69S and the 73 RS , had the seek my 65 and 68S to get them