Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 911 is channeling John Lennon

My 911 is channeling John Lennon

This is better than Jesus on a piece of toast... I noticed this today under the spot dirtied by the 911T - oil, brake dust, rubber, tire cleaner foam maybe...

If you squint, it kinda looks like John Lennon !!! Should I sell this on Ebay ? ;-)

Name:  Lennon.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  137.0 KB

On another note, that car (72T) never ran 100% right until today.. I bought it 2.5 Yrs ago, and it sat for almost 2 Years of resto - engine, shocks, exhaust. Then it got rear ended on its maiden drive, and repaired and repainted. Then we realized compression was bad, mechanic was let go, and it was re-rebuilt. At that point it ran "OK" but I knew the TBs needed redoing so it was parked for 2 more months until it got new throttle bodies. By which time sitting and ethanol did the car no favor. It ran alright, but it seemed a little out of balance and slightly down on power despite my mechanic's assurances it was perfect. Then the other day I drove a friend's base 68 with what is the lowest rated 911 engine I ever drove and it felt as good as mine. Not right...

Before heading to the shop (a better shop) I decided to rule out the stupid stuff: started pulling plug wires one at a time. Ha ! #6 made zero difference at idle. But it did at 3000 RPM (hand throttle). The plug was jammed tight and I did not dare damage the threads, so I took it to a better mechanic (rebuild #2)... Plug was fine if a little dirty, it wasn't spark, so fuel ? Yup. I'd never seen an injector do a "partial" like that, but it seemed I was running on 5 to 5.5 cylinders. 5 at idle, 5++ at higher RPMs where it was less noticeable as fuel was dribbling through at almost the normal rate.... In the mechanic's defense, the injector had been tested and flowed seemingly OK, and it *was* the smoothest 5 cyl 911 I've ever experienced...Usually it's blatant.

With the new injector, it's like night and day. Totally smooth and feels like 15-20 horse are back...

Name:  postChilly.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  106.6 KB

Of course now the heater jammed ON, so I parked her up there to lube and open the heater valve... I'll put her down tomorrow to see if she can draw the rest of the beatles on the floor, then I might have something worth selling so I can afford a 356 ;-)
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

Or maybe Ozzy?

You're right! Dammit, the value of the stain is dropping every passing minute. Jesus, then Lennon, now Ozzy...
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

I thought you Old hippie's use to call it "Flashbacks"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

To be honest, I like Ozzy (well, Sabbath) more than Lennon.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

I see Lenon and yes...Sabbath all day long.

Imagine.......that
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

I see him!!! Good gawd that stuff's good
    You may want to cut that out and sell it to Yoko

Pretty cool. If I had some tequila before seeing that,,,,,,,,,
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

Nope. Not John Lennon.

It's the Unabomber!

Name:  1305749593-unabomber-1.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  13.7 KB
    Seth O.