Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Mfg or Dist of these wheels

Looking for Mfg or Dist of these wheels

Name:  New wheels.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  80.9 KB

Does anyone know the Mfg or Distributer of these wheels . I do not believe they are Fuchs?
    Also looking for a set of early 15" torque thrusts.
    Thanks for any info

ps; Is anyone running Minilites on their 69 /911 , if so do you know the max width and the backspace
    you can safely run without rolling fenders etc.
    Thanks again

Kinda Gansta, Wangstah.

I think EMPI USA catalog page # 201
    1970 911 T JEZEBEL Gone !!!
    1973 911 T Race car. Gone
    1984 911 Carrera ......!
    1973 914 2 liter Bahia red ...!
    membership # 2545
    Francois

That's a 964 backdate by a UK shop called Paul Stephens, if I recall correctly.

www.psautoart.com
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

1. I'm running 6-1/2 minilites on my '71, same body as a '69, with pretty big tires and no clearance issues at all.

2. I have a set of tt's I might part with. I'm in Canada as well. drop me a line.

I was also looking into Minilites, which are now only avail in Alum. They are heavier than the Fuchs, being cast wheels. The info I got from Minilite in the UK doesn't currently show a 15x6.5. They do have a 15X6 or 15X7.
    I am thinking of them for a stock 1971S, because I LOVE the look. The good news is that they have redone the bolt holes and gotten rid of those "shank style" lug nuts. They are now a ball seat, which will allow the use of the stock lug nuts. The strange news is the offset on a 15X6 is 26.
    In wheel speak that is ET26. Which makes them sit a bit further out than the stock Fuchs. I was told the 15X7 wouldn't fit on a stock 1971 without modifications.
    So I would go with the 6" wheel. But they do make them wider.
    The great news was the price, they are surprisingly affordable.
    A stock finish(silver paint) 15X6 lists for around £125.00. Air Freight is £40/wheel to the east coast.
    I'm pretty sure, depending on the exchange rate I could get them delivered to my door for around $1400 or less. For 4 wheels. And they are real Minilites. There are a bunch of copies out there, some are actually Magnesium. They are lighter than even a Fuchs, but cost around $1500/ wheel. The Alum Minilites weigh around 15 lbs.
    There is also a distributor in the US. I asked(begged) Minilite to do Magnesium wheels, but they are convinced that there is not enough demand, which surprised me, because I think there is .

In the Seventies Minilite used to manufacture a range of Wheels branded 'Minilite Sport'.

These wheels were made to slightly different style to the original Sand Cast Magnesium Wheels and were always manufactured from Aluminium.

This was the wheel that was made in a 6.5" width.

I think that the minimum order quantity for this style of wheel is 20 pieces.

I can obtain new Sand Cast Magnesium Castings in 6" and 7" widths (15" dia only) but the price is horrid and I haven't sourced the machining as I don't think there is much of a market.

I think I would buy a Panasport as they are very well made and quite light. I fitted a set to my Twin Cam Lotus Seven some years ago and they have been excellent.

What kind of minilites ? I ask because the "new" ones made by minilite in the UK are not quite the same as the old ones. And I'm not very fond of them. I have set of 6x15 on a 69 912 (same body as a 911 as you know), and they are sticking out way more than fuchs would (watch for clearance), they are heavy as boat anchors (actually as heavy as steel wheels, give or take a pound), and the finish is crap - then again the finish on the original was crap too ;-)

Original ones at least were light ;-)
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

The new aluminium Minilite with the 'Mag' look are die cast and offered in a range of offsets.

This has been done by increasing the boss in the back of the wheel and it is then machined to suit the required ET.

If they were specified as an ET23 then they should be the same as the Fuchs in terms of rim position relative to the backspace.

I agree about the finish and the weight. I bought Minilte for my Seven but was so disappointed that I replaced them Panasports after 6 months.

Shift Knob Maker
    I think these are the above wheels.

https://twinsparkracing.com/shop/chassis/wheels.html