Thread: Where is the value ???

Where is the value ???

I guess understand why others do place a higher value on a vehicle due t ownership, or history. But in the case of this speedster, I have to ask what's the point ? By the time this car is brought back to life 90% ( at least ) will be new. It will no longer be that " special racer " that the buyer and onlookers are drooling over. Am I missing something ?

http://www.businessinsider.com/ruste...motors-2013-11

BTW I have a 59 Conv D I'll be putting up for sale. It was told that Elvis once farted in it, and JFK stuck a booger under the pass seat, while none of this can be documented, you can still make out the faint odor of a rotten banana sandwich. I'll start the bidding at a very reasonable 35,000
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1973 911 RSR clone..... to be

"And pretty soon you're grabbing gears like they are ten thousand dollar bills."

http://www.kahikocustoms.com/auto-projects

Holy Cow. When I read your post, I thought... hmmmm...maybe someone got it "for nothing." $57k!

I once saw something once on Chasing Classic Cars (maybe) where a friend of Wayne's found a frame of a significant Ferrari race car, and built it back from virtually nothing.
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

What price sentiment. Its all a sentiment.

Help ma they're gunna wash my car

They'll ALL Come back . . .

356s are not terribly complicated cars

And frankly --- once the values escalated enough? . . . anything can be made

Sure-sure --- cutting-out/replacing panels is one way . . . until you run outta 'donors' . . .

Then?

You just build 'em new --- from scratch
    http://www.356panels.com/

Like this car . . . re-materialized in Florida --- with bits found in Guatemala

It's only metal. All you need is a VIN . . .

. . . and money

We Can Be Heroes

As for 911s . . .

. . . when the values get up high enough? . . .

. . . these'll all come back, too . . .

. . . if they haven't already

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-of-a-RHD-2.2S.

We Can Be Heroes