Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The passing of a friend

The passing of a friend

I wish to let the members know of the S Registry that a once very active member has passed away. Duane Hyatt, aka 2pt767s, passed away several days ago. After several years, he lost his fight to some major health issues. Lots of smiles, lots of laughs. He will be missed.

The photo below was taken at the Julian Classic. Duane's Roadster took First in Class.

If you knew Duane, you knew his wife Charlie. She is doing fine. I have her contact info if anyone would like to reach out to her. Please PM me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

The man I affectionately called Dwayne Pipe, he handed me the keys to his Viper Green Ruf RS at Treffen one year and said drive it till it drops, so I tried.

I very nearly bought the car about 12 mths later.

Sad to hear of his passing.

Can you please PM me the contact for Charlie.

Regards
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

I met Duane during the "Tour De La Ditch" on the way to Treffen several years ago. He had some great stories about his years as a fighter pilot that involved the Grand Canyon. I still can't believe they did that s--t Not sure who is the bigger character, Charlie or Duane They are both so full of life!
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

R.I.P. Duane........... Good thoughts to Charlie and the family
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Only good memory's of Duane

Sad news. I was just thinking of Duane the other day.. Great guy, and yes so full of life. Duane was very instrumental in rallying everyone together for the Tour de Colorado back in 2007, including the Jim Edwards garage tour. I can still picture Duane in his 72S Targa with the windows rolled up, and a/c cranking big smile & laughs as the rest of us roasted on the TDC in scorching temps out near the Utah-Colo border. RIP my friend.
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

R.I.P. Duane

What a great guy - one of a kind.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    I met Duane during the "Tour De La Ditch" on the way to Treffen several years ago. He had some great stories about his years as a fighter pilot that involved the Grand Canyon. I still can't believe they did that s--t Not sure who is the bigger character, Charlie or Duane They are both so full of life!
    I had forgotten about those flying stories Besides his great sense of humor, 'The Reverend' was one of those guys who always gave you his unvarnished opinions with no apologies (whether you wanted to hear them or not ). Last time I saw him in person, the guy was in tears as a group of us pulled away from Payson AZ on our way to Treffen. That's how passionate he was about the R Gruppe and early 911s. He couldn't come along due to his health issues. R.I.P. buddy.

Such a nice guy. Met him on a New Years Day run in Malibu in 2005. He had brought the Viper RS/Kremer car -- my dream car. Treated me like an old friend.

So sad to hear he's gone.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

What a great guy loaded with enthusiasm about anything in which he was involved. Really sad to hear. I got to know he and Charlie at a 356 West Coast Holiday in Colorado about 15 years ago. Later spent time with the two of them when I did the Copperstate 1000 rally as well as the Barrett-Jackson auction, and they came out to see the cars. Last I talked to Duane was a few years ago on a business deal he was wrestling with. He was such an interesting and talented guy who could talk your arm off, but I never tired of it. R.I.P. buddy.
    Jack Griffin
    Dallas, Tx.
    Early 911S #167
    RGruppe #192

'55 356 s/r Outlaw
    '70 914-6 (2.5L owned since '76)
    '85 911 Carrera Cpe.
    '89 911 Speedster (bought new)
    '84 MB 300CD (bought new)
    Gone but great memories - '74 RSR 9114609113