Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche carrera cup USA

Well given the fact that these are the only street legal factory built race car Porsche has ever offered in US makes them pretty special all by itself. Really amazing that these were ever sold at all. They are really a very special car to drive and race, to think I drove mine across MT at night to get to track in Utah 450 miles away makes me wonder what the hell was I smoking, I froze my ass off that night. Really a jekyll and hyde car.
    Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Quote Originally Posted by varunan123 View Post
    Brian does that mean you would take a port car?
    Yep sure would, as they were essentially unconverted (except for their clutches).

Hope I get the opportunity to drive one someday.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Brian,

You're welcome in Bozeman anytime, unfortunately when the skiing is good it's not good CC driving weather.

Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Reading through this thread it appears there is something of a consensus. Small sampling but still.......

Brian will be arriving in "relative" comfort.

Mark

Thanks for the offer Phil. Would really enjoy seeing you in Bozeman and driving your Cup car. Maybe after driving your car I would change my mind.

Yeah Mark and Raj relative comfort is the more appealing aspect of the US Cup cars prior to conversion. I certainly can see the appeal of one of these cars configured for a race series, especially if the owner was going to the track with it from time to time. Seems to me these cars can be very versatile for their current and future owners.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Quote Originally Posted by pu911rsr View Post
    There is a basically a "new" one for at Canepa that has a RS type interior, they are asking $250k
    That car, 0576 which is one of the Andial "conversion" cars, is now listed as SOLD. I've drooled over it in the months that it was on the floor; it was "as new," but as such is going to lose its market value if it is driven the way that its intrinsic value demands. My chest swells the few times I've seen one on the road. Rare, factory, hot rod -- ticks all the boxes, and the 964 shape just keeps growing on me.

-- David

well the solution is really quite simple- own one of each, a street version and a track version, I've come close to purchasing a second one for that exact reason. I think my wife threaten to have me locked up after I discussed that scenario with her.
    Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

[QUOTE=Nine17;695034]That car, 0576 which is one of the Andial "conversion" cars, is now listed as SOLD. I've drooled over it in the months that it was on the floor; it was "as new," but as such is going to lose its market value if it is driven the way that its intrinsic value demands. My chest swells the few times I've seen one on the road. Rare, factory, hot rod -- ticks all the boxes, and the 964 shape just keeps growing on me.

Well 0576 is #5, one before mine, too bad it's still a virgin, I'm happy to say mine has been used as intended.
    Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

I stopped by Mayo's today to pick up some parts for my son and get some photos of the US Cup car. I must first correct some of what I posted initially as it was incorrect. This car, #602, was not a reconversion but a port car which was the last serial number of the run, purchaced from Brumos and sent directly to Andial. It was converted to Cup specs and delivered with a spares package and the original stock take off parts to its current owner. It also has a documentation packet from Brumos. The clutch in the car is a puck style racing clutch which is described as an on/off switch. The port delivered clutch is believed to be a euro RS style and is included in the spares. The milage is not as I posted around 5K but 168 miles. So even more of a time capsule, a real virgin.

And it is available. Contact Mike or Tom at Mayo's for more info. 817-540-4939
    Attached Images Attached Images
    65 356SC Dolphin Gray
    66 912 Green
    69 911E Tangerine
    72 911T GP White
    72 911T Aubergine
    72 911T Lilac
    72 911S Black (voodoo)
    86 911 GP White Targa (now sons)
    90 964C4 Black Targa
    94 964C2 Black Coupe
    08 GT3 Speed Yellow