Thread: WTB: 2 Rubber Drain Hoses under ventilation box : ref 90157132632 AND 91157122400

WTB: 2 Rubber Drain Hoses under ventilation box : ref 90157132632 AND 91157122400

Hi,
    looking for 2 rubber drain hoses under the fresh air box called also connection part

ONE SMALL and ONE LONG

small rubber to collect water at the bottom of the air box, number 19 on the drawing :
    pg_0367.jpg

91157122400.jpg

thank's !!!

fred ©

#19 in the drawing was NLA from Porsche last time I checked. I have asked a couple of the rubber manufacturers to reproduce that part but they told me "no one ever asks for that". No luck making one so far. It is kind of important as water needs to drain from the fresh air vent and go out of the car, not in the trunk.

Yes, that's why i need one for a 912 friend (short model) and one for my 72

thanks

fred ©

I ended up getting a piece of clear tube with the same OD.

RHD cars are a little different in that it only needs the small tube, as it has a welded in pipe that exits the body.
    Tony

You can make one (for the short one - 19) out of standard heater tube from a water-cooled car (I think I used ¾") - in order to get it to go over the outlet on the box you need to find something (or make something) that is conical at the end so as to force one end to enlarge. I shaped a piece of hardwood dowel. Leave it in hot water for a couple of hours, force it in a bit more until the enlarged section is long enough, dunk again in hot water, and leave it until the deformation is permanent.

Cut to length and use the clip to attach to the box.

Looks identical to original and works fine.

I have never found an original in re-useable condition - they were all split at the end of the enlarged section.

Mick

Any picture ?
    Thanks

Fred

drain hose

There is a drain hose sold at common hardware stores like Home Depot or Lowes. It is in the garden section and sold as 1" irrigation hose. I have used it on 914 engine bay drain hoses. It fits fine and has spiral ridges instead of circular ridges. It sell for $20 for a 20 foot roll. Not original but it looks close and works.
    Bruce