Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Werks re-union

Blue Painter's Tape- You are just mean ... How did you know?
    Haasman

Registry #2489
    R Gruppe #722
    65 911 #302580
    70 914-6 #9140431874
    73 911s #9113300709

Quote Originally Posted by Haasman View Post
    . . . Blue Painter's Tape- You are just mean ... How did you know? . . .
    Hey --- I love tape. Sure beats drop-kicking an H1 down the highway

'Sides --- you + me seem to hang-out in the some o' the same kindza parking lots () --- see post #19 . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ght=Parade+204

Just how many green Mamba Longhoods can there be in CA?

Good seeing your car, there ---- + thank you for bringing/showing it . . .

. . . + the same goes for everyone else who drove + showed

IMO . . . . . . . Heck of a Show

We Can Be Heroes

More 2014 Werks Re-union . . .

Well --- we enjoyed the show. A LOT. And from the looks/numbers of the participants/attendees . . . . so did a lot of others

Hope the thing paid for itself . . .

. . . + hope they do another

Some comments

Size matters. Hate to say it, but --- the event may already be too big for its own good. We ran thru the thing + prolly only saw 25% of who/what was there. And it wasn't like they ran outta space or anything. They could've easily doubled the number of cars on the lawn . . . + it would've been even more over-whelming. I think the organizers mentioned 500 cars at the start? Seemed like more

I'm sure the temptation will be there to expand this event. If they do --- then I hope the Organizers will look back to the Old Concorso Italiano + that format for inspiration: roughly-organized groups of similar cars separated + scattered over a fairly wide area . . . w/ lotsa room to picnic. Try to make it more of all-day thing --- + not 'just a car show' . . .

And speaking of food . . .

I don't need a tent or a table + chairs to digest. Yes-yes, it's nice, but . . . I can eat standing up . . . or sitting on the lawn. Instead of setting-up a bunch o' tents + what-not . . . . why not bid the whole business out to some o' those premium roach-coaches that I'm always seeing on TV, then turn the Starving Masses loose on them? Or bid out some retail spaces? Coupla thousand calorie-challenged potential customers --- more-than-a-few swinging + waving their black titaniums . . . could be pretty attractive, I would think. We coulda easily stayed a few more hours if there were some more-interesting culinary choices besides boxed-lunches + tube-steaks

Oh-yeah --- something else. Those cushy chairs + tables + lemon-water dispensers --- over behind the Porsche hospitality/reception area? . . . . more, please. At some point, Zovig wanted to just go somewhere quiet + make some calls . . . . . . + she loved having a comfy-someplace to just sit, take a load off her feet + relax. Doesn't hafta be anything fancy --- I'm thinkin' bean-bag chairs, here, so . . .

Lastly. Be nice if all the cars were kinda organized a bit more. (Did I really just say that?) Lord knows I love chaos --- but some of the older cars can get kinda lost when they get set in a sea of newer ones. Just sayin'

Anyway --- great time . . . .

. . . can't wait for the next
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by LongRanger; 09-24-2014 at 10:06 AM.

We Can Be Heroes

Missing my old friend, John Z. Goriup…
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I was thinking of John last weekend as well as I went to the Monterey swap. John and I drove down to the Lit Show and swap together one year. We shared the driving time and a hotel room for the weekend. Fascinating man and the consummate Gentleman as well. Loved hearing about his Engineering work though mine is in the opposite spectrum really…
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586