Thought I'd post a heads up for the Anti-Football Rally & Pelican Drive taking place on 1/1/2014

The Anti-Football drive is the same event as in years past and is sponsored by the folks that bring you the Chopard California Mille.
Since the entry deadline has passed, you can tag along (I usually forget my monocle and am denied entry anyhow )
Entry form:
http://www.californiamille.com/pdf/2...tballEntry.pdf

Info from the Web Page:
http://www.californiamille.com/amicievents.html#newyear
Anti-Football Drive to “Occupy” Back Roads on New Year’s Day in World’s Largest Old Car Protest Drive

More than 150 “interesting” older cars -- and their possibly-interesting older drivers -- will take to the colorful back roads of Marin and Sonoma Counties on January 1st in the 22nd running of the Anti-Football Drive.
The tour celebrates the quietude of a lonely two-lane road, sullied only by the sound of ancient engines, occasional backfires and the thump of out-of-round tires, with the indolence and indifference of watching whichever college teams play in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl or the Parsley Bowl on TV.
“Some would say it is sinful to crap out on a sagging sofa and watch a dumb college game on television,” said Dan Radowicz, organizer and non-frocked chaplain of the drive. “Actually, I am the one who said that. Where was I? So...compare that with driving a l989 or earlier model with friends who share the same Snap-On tools, share the same love of SAE 40 weight oil, share the same attraction to the smell of overly-rich auto exhaust.”
Drivers, co-drivers and fellow motoring conspirators will meet at Poggio Restaurant (777 Bridgeway, Sausalito) at 8 AM on New Year’s Day 2014, for coffee, rolls and bragging. At 9 AM, Anti-Football Drive Director David Swig will outline the rules (“Don’t let anyone pass you!) and announce prizes for “The Most Interesting Car” and “The Not-That-Interesting Car” as well as criteria for winning the semi-coveted Flattened Football Award.
The Drive will then depart for Highway 1 with full intentions of temporarily occupying Stinson Beach, Point Reyes Station, Tomales and Marshall before wending its way toward Petaluma for coffee and cheese at the Petaluma Creamery on Western Avenue. The annual tour will conclude at Poggio for a no-host lunch.
Participants are requested to register as early as possible by going to www.californiamille.com, as route maps will be available to those who register and pay a modest $40 fee (“Which is little enough for all we do,” said Swig).
For press information: Ron Wren 415-433-1040, 415-706-8717 cell
Ronwren@sbcglobal.net

You've also got the option of the infamous Pelican New Years Drive
Take this as an opportunity to come out and confront all the impact bumper owners that you've grown to love over on the Bird. If you plan on going, please respond to the thread so that they can get a rough count of attendees.
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...r-1-1-run.html

From an email sent by Dan Edwards
The Sales Manager of Livermore Porsche has offered coffee and donuts / fully catered breakfast - thus meeting at Livermore Porsche around 7:45. Any and all cars are welcome, doesn't have to be a Porsche. Count appears to be in the 100+ range so far. Alot of those folks will be heading out on a drive around 8:30/9:00