Thread: WTB: KARRO 8G bolt

WTB: KARRO 8G bolt

Looking for one bolt identical to these in the photos; unfortunately I don't know where it is from although possibly circa 1967/68/69 and maybe used to secure the electric panel to the inner rear wing although this is only an educated (!) guess. I know other makes of bolts of the same specification will have been available however it is the "KARRO 8G" I need. Any help in locating one would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tim

Early 911S Registry #1167

Bump, anyone?
    Tim

I have none to offer...

But here is an interesting, related thread...

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...(head-markings...)

PS - You may find a source here...

http://porsche356registry.org/356talk/1/27913.html

Also, potentially from some of the posters in this thread...

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...65-Hinge-bolts
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Peter

Many thanks for the pointers
    Tim

I will look tonight.
    What does it go to?
    Dean

Thanks Dean....that is the problem, a friend requires five for a project he is building, I found four in my box of bolts but unfortunately I don't know for sure what/where they came off.

Appreciate you taking the time to have a look, many thanks.
    Tim

Once upon a time, I witnessed two Mustang guys in a heated argument over which bolts were 'correct' for a '65 Mustang dash. Inasmuch as I had multiple generations of autoworkers in my family, the argument was good entertainment. There were workers (my family among them) who dumped boxes of bolts into bins along the production lines to keep the line moving. The workers dumping the boxes only cared about whether the bolts were the correct size and thread pattern. And there were other workers (my family among them, too) who only cared that the bin had enough of the correct bolts to keep the line moving. The 'selection' of bolts for a dash was purely a random function of the boxes dumped into the bins by workers who couldn't care less about the bolt manufacturer.

Now, more than 20 years later, I can see that my enthusiast community is drifting toward that same argument. In the words of Jerry Garcia, "what a long strange trip," but it is still entertaining. Good luck to all. I'm glad the standard is being set high. As for me, I will continue to care only about keeping the project moving.

I would totally agree with you and would go as far as to say that the same applies to some larger parts that we get worked up about e.g. cylinder heads/wheels etc....providing they were the correct specification then they would be fitted; date really being more an issue for supplier batch control, stock rotation and shelf life.

BUT he needs a fifth bolt to match the four other ones so the search continues.....
    Tim